Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm in the Navy and my car is registered in Wisconsin but I live in Virginia. If I get tint that is legal in Wisconsin, do I get away with it in Virginia? And to be honest I don't understand tint laws really. I've been looking at this website but can someone barney style it for me?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
First of all I'd like to thank you for serving....I'm in the Army, I'm an MP...now don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure the state your in is the law you go by...so heres the Barney style....(all fictional) we'll say the darkest tint can be in wisconsin is 35% and the darkest you can go in VA is 40%, if your rockin the 35% in VA, technically your illegal....also, I'm not active duty so don't quote me on this either...I don't know if SOP on Post dictates the tint law or if it goes by state laws....just throwin that out there....

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I say get what you want not bc you will get caught but bc you won't get caught. At least not in CT. The police don't really care. But I hear Virginia is really anal about it. But yes it goes by state doesn't matter where you got it done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
it is the state that the car is registered in... and no offence... your military.. my brother had an rx8 that had all windows tinted to 5 % and the windshield at 30% (mainly for shows but drove it on summer days) was pullled over twice and pulled out his military id.. no more convo they said thanks and have a good one. it is where your living... so if you own a property in florida say for shiz n giggles your in ohio... if you own a property and the car is registered.. and your drivers license reflects the same address... you go by that states law.. so florida not ohio.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i agree with this ^ ^ ^ ...the military I.D. works wonders...the main thing is the cop itself, ive been pulled over more times than id like to say and ive on been cited once for tint....just sayin..lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool. Thanks for all the feed back. And with regards to the tint, if I get it is it okay to roll down my window because I live on base and I have to roll down my window to show my ID to get onto the base.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah the only time tint affects your window operation is right after install, you have to let it set and adhere to the window glass, you risk moving the tint film if you open your window too soon, but after a few days you wont ever have to worry about it

·
Registered
126 Posts
Couldn't agree more with the Military I.D. talk above. First thing I did when I got back from overseas was get my Iraq War Veteran plates. Now the cops, if they pull me over, ask me about my service and tell me to keep the speed down a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.