Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so in my stupid state, the limit for tints is 35% and the cops here are bastards so they stop you for the tints. First, does anyone have pics of their car with 35%s?
Other question, how are the kits they sell on ebay or what would you guys/girls do for tints or what have you done?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im pretty sure. my state sucks

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres are the laws in my state, as found online:
Connecticut Tint Law Enacted: 1994
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CONNECTICUT?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Connecticut, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
mine sucks to. mines anything on the back 3 but nothing on the fronts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how did you tint your windows?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
haven't yet. I'm waiting til im down in vancouver cause it costs about double here. I'm thinking I'm gonna go 20 in the back and 50 in the front just so its a bit darker but cops shouldn't care. if you go 35 all the way around you'll probably be pretty happy with it. thats what was on my civic

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do u get it done, do u get the stick on ones from like ebay or go to a shop or what?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Ok, so in my stupid state, the limit for tints is 35% and the cops here are bastards so they stop you for the tints. First, does anyone have pics of their car with 35%s?
Other question, how are the kits they sell on ebay or what would you guys/girls do for tints or what have you done?
Ive got 32%- ga state law.

I like my tint a lot.

Get a custom shop to do it IMO that way its legit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I too live in a state where fronts can only be 75% (don't bother), but anything you want on back windows. I had a shop do the back 3 windows @ 20%. It cost $100 with lifetime warranty. Worth every penny not to have to mess with it and have it look good.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
about how much does that cost? just trying to figure out prices, i prob wont do it right away but i like to figure out my costs.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow one step ahead of me 88keys. lol

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya i agree with gcobalt05 and 88keys. go to a shop, get it done right. no point wasting money and having cheap, wrinkly tint. its a bit extra cause of the labour but unlike most things, it's worth it. ive done tint once and i said never again. not my cup of tea at all

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and the 35% looks alrightish?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya. it's not crazy dark but it looks much better than none

·
Registered
678 Posts