Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings my fellow balt owners,
I am planning to tint my car soon, it is an 07 ls coupe and I was thinking about going 20 % front windows 5 % rear windows and 20 rear windshield, with 5% strip across the front. Does this sound good or should I just go 20% all round. I am not planning on doing the legal 35% period because the Pa law is so "iffy" and I know people with 5% all round.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
20% all around

·
Registered
675 Posts
i went 15 all the way

·
Registered
922 Posts
Make sure you check your locals laws on tint on the front and what the limit is for the rest of your car. I live in VA and the legal limit for tint here is 50 on the drivers and pass front windows, and 35 for the rear. I went 35 all the way around, and had no issues. I need to get mine redone, its faded really bad.

·
Registered
675 Posts
i do agree that if you go less than 15 on the back you wont really see much unless people have their lights on. and if anyone is tinting their windshield id suggest about 30%. thats what a friend of mine did on his G35 and its not too dark at night and it still looks good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks alot guys and for the windshield i meant the strip across the front like freddy was talking about...Thanks a lot for the advice guys I have decided to go 20% all round

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got 20% all around and a pretty decent sized strip on the front, funny thing is, i have jersey plates and jersey is sooooo up tight about tints. i dont live there anymore tho but when i go there i never get problems... strange.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Agreed to mostly all the comments, first gotta make sure whats the limit allowed in your state/county and city :/....than IGNORE THAT S***T OUT OF IT jjjajajajaj...

is mostly about how you feel with the back windows being dark...My eyes are very sensitive to the sun and I've always gone dark on window tint

3% Window tint all 3 back windows
5% Window tint 2 front windows
3% Tint 10" Windshield strip

Windows half way down and still cant see inside LOL

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
problem is, you can make your car look like something from compton if you make the tint too dark. I honestly think 15-20% looks perfect.

Tinting your front windshield is a bad idea because of how much it affect your night time vision. Also when it starts to fade it makes it even harder to see

·
Registered
583 Posts
problem is, you can make your car look like something from compton if you make the tint too dark. I honestly think 15-20% looks perfect.

Tinting your front windshield is a bad idea because of how much it affect your night time vision. Also when it starts to fade it makes it even harder to see
Compton Jajajaaj xD :smile1:....My car has Baja California (Mexico) License plates so thats bad enough...I have MExican license as well so no problem with cops lol that said...

I'm used to drive like that, NONE of my friend like to drive it because they think same as you (Majority) the tint I have is been there for 3 years now and it hasn't fade at all, anyways the shop that installed gave me 10 years warranty LOL...if i feel it gets a bouble or fades at any point they will take it off and re-put a new paper :nuts:.....I just really don't like when people is able to see inside my car :/

Edit: Oh my windshield is not tinted all the way is just the 10" strip on top :D

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i wasnt referring to only you, I do actually like a dark tint on the top of the windshield.

My grand prix had 5% tint rear and I had 20% front but only took a week for cops to ticket me. After that I stick with only the rears, but the tint kind of went with that car (everything was tinted) but some cars just look like crap.

Best way to figure out tint is to look on google and find a car like yours I know 20% rear and 35% front looks great on a yellow 2 dr :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.