Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to go ahead and tint my tail lights and my third brake light. Will have pics with them installed on the car tomorrow. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
372 Posts
nice! They look very familiar. Good choice on the darkness! Tinted tails on a white Balt is pretty damn good lookin, what did you use? Niteshade?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice! They look very familiar. Good choice on the darkness! Tinted tails on a white Balt is pretty damn good lookin, what did you use? Niteshade?
Yes I used vht nightshade.

Very nice. They look perfect.
Thank you. I love them.

They came out perfect. Did you clear them. ?
No I didn't clear them. We cleared the third tail light with clear krylon and it went from nice lookin to ugly and flat looking. What is the best clear to use???

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Yes I used vht nightshade.

Thank you. I love them.

No I didn't clear them. We cleared the third tail light with clear krylon and it went from nice lookin to ugly and flat looking. What is the best clear to use???
best clear to use is high gloss automotive clear. yeah?

·
Registered
911 Posts
looks good...I'm looking for AVS tail light covers so I can remove them for inspection (already got the head light ones)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Idk my tails arent that old so they dont have any scratches on them. all i did was wash them off with water and dry them. then i sprayed them with vht. i tryed krylon clear on the third brake light but it looked like crap.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Heres them installed

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
those look great!! im doing mine tomorrow :)

fyi for everyone asking, you dont need to sand or clear before or after you apply nightshades. if your good enough with a spray can and put light enough coats on they will turn out glossy! i have 3 or 4 buddies of mine that have all done their tails this way without issues. they turn out just like the OP's, amazing! lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you everyone

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what brand of clear coat are people using? i tried the krylon gloss clear from walmart and it sucked butt. i want to clear mine since people are saying that vht nightshade will crack and fade over time. plus im thinking about going darker.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
look good but i would've gone a couple coats darker
Im actually thinking about putting a few more coats on this weekend. Is it ok to tint my tail lights again? like wash them off and spray tint again? also like tinting one week and then 2 weeks later tinting again, will it turn out ok????????

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
to get a glossy appearance, you need to apply 5 or so coats of clear, use 1000grit sandpaper until it looks hazy, then use scratch x 2.0 to buff it like a shoe, wax it then buff it again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.