Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into tinting out all the lights but am worried on how to do it. should i get spray tint, buy caps (if they have them), or use window tint ???

what is out there to use ?

im also on a budget cant spend to much money but looking to black out the car. especially the front. might leave the back just normal so i dont get into anytrouble. cant afford anymore tickets.

any help ???

·
Registered
680 Posts
Spray tint is good if you know how to spray even coats all over to make it look clean and you can pretty much make it as dark as you want it
You can buy AVS covers for your headlights but they can run pretty high for a piece of durable tinted plastic considering your on a budget
You can usually get a tint shop to tint you headlights and tails for a decent price depending on where you live

Thats about all I have so maybe someone can give you more info =)

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spray tint is good if you know how to spray even coats all over to make it look clean and you can pretty much make it as dark as you want it
You can buy AVS covers for your headlights but they can run pretty high for a piece of durable tinted plastic considering your on a budget
You can usually get a tint shop to tint you headlights and tails for a decent price depending on where you live

Thats about all I have so maybe someone can give you more info =)

Good luck!

Thanks helped alot!! prob going to go with the spray tint

·
Registered
319 Posts
look at my show off thred. i used vht. 4 coats and 2 coats of clear. it will give you and idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
186 Posts
spray can it up man ... i sanded my taillights down a little so the tint would stick better and i didnt do a clear coat kinda made it look flat .. i liked it but dude window tint would be a pain in the a** to deal with

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My lights are all blacked out now, VHT nightshade in the rear, sprayed, clear coated, then wet sanded and polished with scratch fixer and turtle wax. Also instead of the tint on the front lights you can take your headlight housing apart and paint the chrome piece black, then it will be black but the lens will still be clear and wont affect your light output

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Also instead of the tint on the front lights you can take your headlight housing apart and paint the chrome piece black, then it will be black but the lens will still be clear and wont affect your light outputQUOTE]
Tinted headlights are not very good if you live in an area that has alot of unlighted streets, like a country setting, tinted headlights arent good. Had a set of tinted headlight covers on my Cherokee in NM and had to take them off every night because I had to run high beams all the time at night.

·
Registered
186 Posts
turned out sweet man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.