Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting my windows tinted on Monday. I was just wondering what percentage or shade/color you guys think would be best.. Its a black sedan...
I was thinking about 5% rear window and 15% doors...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
depends on what your laws are and if you wanna get hassled with tickets or not. I did 35% all around on my balt. it's still illegal in my state but I can get away with it pretty easy.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really worried about the local law. Jut wondering what would be the best for cooling down the car and the blocking jackass drivers with their high beams on blinding me lol
Do you think dark red tint would look good?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Do not get the colored tint, does not look good on any car. You need to stick to your states laws, even if your local agencies do not enforce, you do not want to get hassled on any trips.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Tinting % laws by state...

State Window Tinting Laws

The limit in your state (PA) is 70%, but that is WAY higher than many other states.

35% seems to be pretty common, so I would go with that if you don't want the 5-0 to hassle you elsewhere.

·
Registered
379 Posts
depends on what your laws are and if you wanna get hassled with tickets or not. I did 35% all around on my balt. it's still illegal in my state but I can get away with it pretty easy.
That's probably because the legal limit in MN is 50%... lol.

Although it can't be more than 20% reflective.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
That's probably because the legal limit in MN is 50%... lol.

Although it can't be more than 20% reflective.
that was exactly my point. I get away with 35% because 50% isn't that much lighter

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just think that anything above 35% would be way too lite period. Im not worried about the rear window. I am pretty set at that being 5%. And I think I moght just go with 20% on the fronts.

As far as color.. I was thinking this color red since my car is black and red themed...

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Mine is 35% all around. Legal limit in Tennessee. The last thing I wanted to do was pay near $200 just to have to rip it back off if caught.

·
Cornier Than Ethanol
866 Posts
I could paint my back half legally if I wanted too... but, we still have to have a front plate?!?!?!? IL is weird!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
PAs law is written wrong. Ask Dustin(DROPPEDATBIRTH) about it...you danger whatever tint you would like

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I'm getting 20 on the doors and 5 on the rest

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.