Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wanting to taint my tail lights...can anyone help me with the proper procedure?

thanks a lot

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is there any difference between using a tail light tint cover versus using the VHT nightshade method? I know the VHT nightshade will probably show up better since it's a spray but is it a big difference?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
driving an 09 LT, this is my first car and want to make it look nice, but i'm on that college student budget lol, i'm from Missouri btw

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I would use vinyl tint. If u use nightshades and no familiar with then u can really **** it up

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would use vinyl tint. If u use nightshades and no familiar with then u can really **** it up
I heard bad things with vinyl tint though, like it causes bending in the tail lights. Is this true? It can also be removed easily right? Also any brand recommendations?

·
Registered
381 Posts
My tinted taillights have a flat spot right in the
Middle from tinting them and I didn't use vinyl...I did it with black mixed with alot if reducer..the heat from the bulb gets trapt in and it started to bow the plastic..never heard of this with people who used vht though

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I heard bad things with vinyl tint though, like it causes bending in the tail lights. Is this true? It can also be removed easily right? Also any brand recommendations?
Never happened to me. Yes they can be removed easily. You'll need a blowdrier to install em. Any from eBay are fine. But buy the uncut roll. Don't buy the ones that are precut. It makes it harder. Buy some that are 12"x24"

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
welcome, i just sprayed mine with vht, you can make them however dark you want, and you just clear them with about 4 coats, then wet sand them down 1500 then 2000 then 3000. buff them with scratch remover and hit them with spray wax, youll be able to see your reflection in them :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.