Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting tint on my windows within the next week. I am looking for a tint that isnt to dark, but enough to be able to stop easy looking in. The main reason i wanna do this is cause i got lasick done about 9 months ago, and a side effect is seeing halo's at night with lights shine in your eyes.

In jersey it is illegal to tint the front windows, but if i tint them light i think i will be fine. Im assuming around 25% all around?

Did anyone find a good happy medium so they can still see out the back window and be able to see clearly at night?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
my fronts are 35% and rears are 20%

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeh its alright not the darkest but 25 on front windshild is gunna be hard to see out.. i had 25 on my windows and i had to roll down my window to see at night.. sucks in winters..

·
Registered
416 Posts
In jersey it is illegal to tint the front windows, but if i tint them light i think i will be fine. Im assuming around 25% all around?
Front windows meaning the driver and passenger side window? How come you are getting blinded by those? I had eye work done as well and I thought you were talking about the front window/windshield as that's where the light hits your eyes at....
Here in WA state you can only tint the top of the windSHIELD for a certain amount of inches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front windows meaning the driver and passenger side window? How come you are getting blinded by those? I had eye work done as well and I thought you were talking about the front window/windshield as that's where the light hits your eyes at....
Here in WA state you can only tint the top of the windSHIELD for a certain amount of inches.
Sorry about the confusion. I was referring to the driver and passenger side windows. Im not really getting blinded but i am getting Halo's, which is a known side effect from that. Its not really as much as the cars coming at me, but more the cars behind me with the lights shining in my mirrors.

What kind of work did you get done? ( I hated it, but love that i don't have to ever wear contacts again)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I am getting my car re-tinted font and rear windws wil be limo tint @ 5% and windshield is gtting fully tinted at either 50% or 35%

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thats just a bad angle of the tint and the weather seems over cast or looks as if the pic was taken during dusk cause 35% is pretty light and you can see an object on the other side of the windows when there up with that tint. just to give you an idea

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my cobalt is silver... so it wont be far off from looking like that. I think i am gonna go 35%. Thanks for all the help and pictures.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had "work" done on my eyes leaving me with night blindness. long story... :notrust:
I ended up getting 15% all around which REALLY helps. But as soon as I dropped my car 2" I'm getting the glare again. I might go limo tint in the back if I cant physically adjust.

This is where I'm at with 15% and love it. (Old picture - lots of things done after this was taken.)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I had "work" done on my eyes leaving me with night blindness. long story... :notrust:
I ended up getting 15% all around which REALLY helps. But as soon as I dropped my car 2" I'm getting the glare again. I might go limo tint in the back if I cant physically adjust.

This is where I'm at with 15% and love it. (Old picture - lots of things done after this was taken.)
Love the way that looks. The darker te better in my opinion. Figure if your gonna get a ticket for it go big or go home.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Love the way that looks. The darker te better in my opinion. Figure if your gonna get a ticket for it go big or go home.
LMFAO!!! That's what I tell my wife when she says "going 90 in a 60 is going to get you a ticket!" and I say "If I'm getting a ticket at my age, it better be one that I can frame!!!"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I do think cars look really sick when there tinted out like you have there. Good luck trying to adjust... i had the cobalt for a month now, and i cant seem to adjust. I use to have an S-10, and since i sat a little higher i never had this problem. But i also had the back window with limo tint.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I hate being able to be seen in my car so the 35% tint on my front windows is not cutting it for me right now. I cant wait to d0 limo

·
Registered
720 Posts
35%...I was debating on this, 30%, or 20%. I like 20% and know a lot of people locally who have it and aren't bothered, but that was my concern. Wish I would have done 30% though...it's just a tiny bit darker, but looks better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i like 20% all around, i have yet to talk my dad into leting me get it tho:/

As long as you bought the car and your paying for the tint he really shouldn't have much of a say. But i have a feeling he bought the car?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.