Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my balt rear window tinted at 5% shade and everything seems nice. except for the little dots for the defroster on top and at the bottom,:blink: there are little bubbles spaces sorrounding those is that normal??? got it done today and just wondering if they ever dissapear..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its normal to have little bubbles for a few days after you get tint. it goes away.
that's what the guy said.. just wanted to make sure he was just full of crap or triying to fool me and yeah they are just tiny one barely visible but just curious.. thank you

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
no I had it done by a professional and the same thing is wrong with mine. The top is really light compared to the middle and bottom. Might have to take it back when I have time

·
Registered
547 Posts
yup i tinted mine last week and all my small water bubbles are gone...only thing is rear window has streaks from where they squeezed the water out...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
yup i tinted mine last week and all my small water bubbles are gone...only thing is rear window has streaks from where they squeezed the water out...
That will disappear in a few days

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just got my windows done last week. Actually only saw a few of those bubbles and they are completely gone now. They did a great job. Really happy. Will get pics up as soon as possible.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are the streaks too bad? because they told me if they were not all thw way gone bring it back to try to squeez those one more time

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
the dots are one of the hardest area's to tint
i went to one of the best tint shops around to get my front windshield strip done and the tinter liked how my back window came out. when i orig got my car tinted the tinter used a special glue.

i saw the work of the place i got my strip on my windshield done bc they did my friends cobalt and mine looked 100 times better.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
my sister has that
works well

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
This.. I stupidly didn't clean my windows from the inside before getting it tinted, and on my back window especially it looks like I have some smudging going on, and they re-did the back window once.. At least I know for the future :unsure:. The small bubbles will usually go away, but if you have a larger streak thats not squeezed out, it will stay.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That will disappear in a few days
yea i wish they did disappear but i just look at my receipt i got it like 2 weeks and a half ago now and there still there but barley noticeable tho so i dont think ill get um redone too far of a drive from where i live...unfortunately, BUT lifetime warranty FTW!

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

rear window 20%

4 doors 35%

heres what mine looks like.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its kind of hard to tell when you take pictures of it in your garage................. lol.
hehe I guess huh but just to let you guys all know that most of the little bubbles did go away:cheesy: thanks you were all right and all it need was time to completely dry:nuts:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.