Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. Something wrong with my 2007 Cobalt`s TPMS. One day the tire pressure lamp came on. It indicated that no one of the tire pressure sensors works. All my attempts to activate the sensors by LEARN operation was not successful. I am sure that the sensors themselves are good and in order.
May be someone have the wire diagram of the TPMS of Chevy Cobalt LS 2007 , 2.2? Or maybe someone knows were the TPMS module is located? and maybe the fuse is the cause? Have anyone had the similar problem? Thanks for comments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem with my tire pressure sensor as well. During a cold spell recently my 2009 Cobalt LT displayed an air bag alert. My mechanic told me there was no airbag problem and apparently got the airbag warning light to turn off. However, when he did this, the tire pressure warning light went on and it won't shut off. The tires and pressure are fine. Somewhere I came across a post that said this might due to a faulty ground wire. I have an appointment to take it to a dealer. My mechanic doesn't have the equipment to address this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have a key fob? If so, does it work properly? The key fob and the tpms system are operated on the same system. The receiver is located on the dash, right near the windshield on the right side. There is a small trip panel that pops off, and the receiver is a small white box, maybe 2 x 3 inches. It's either went bad, or needs to be re-programmed at a dealer. Have you lost voltage lately, like a dead battery maybe? It's a common cause.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello. Thanks for replying. The fact is that the English is not my native language , so there are some words and concepts, that I cant fully understand. Can you explain some shortly?
Do you have a key fob?
what is a key fob? is it something like an immobilizer?
The receiver is located on the dash
A dash is a front console just in front of the windshield?
Have you lost voltage lately, like a dead battery maybe?
No, the battery is rather well. The problem appeared when one day I tried to start the engine, it cranked but did not start. I tried again and it finally started. The situations like that happened earlier but the tpms lamp did not light on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are correct on the dash. And the key fob is the little device that you attach to your key ring, it has buttons on it so that you can lock and unlock your doors from several feet away from the car, and open your trunk....instead of using your key. Not all cars have this feature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I see. I dont have this key fob device. Do you have the wiring diagram of the tpms for that vehicle? Or maybe you know where to get workshop manual free?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, everyone. Something wrong with my 2007 Cobalt`s TPMS. One day the tire pressure lamp came on. It indicated that no one of the tire pressure sensors works. All my attempts to activate the sensors by LEARN operation was not successful. I am sure that the sensors themselves are good and in order.
May be someone have the wire diagram of the TPMS of Chevy Cobalt LS 2007 , 2.2? Or maybe someone knows were the TPMS module is located? and maybe the fuse is the cause? Have anyone had the similar problem? Thanks for comments.
The tire pressure monitors have a sealed battery that allows them to transmit the pressure info to the vehicle. This will cause the tire pressure light to remain on at all times when the battery dies. The monitor must be replaced to correct the problem . In your case, since your vehicle is a 2007, most likely all four monitors will need to be replaced. I have a 2008 cobalt and my light has been on for over a year. If you check your tire pressure regularly, you can do without the TPMS. In NY your car will pass inspection without correcting it. So if the light being on won't drive you crazy, just leave it alone. It will not affect the performance of the tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tire pressure monitors have a sealed battery that allows them to transmit the pressure info to the vehicle. This will cause the tire pressure light to remain on at all times when the battery dies. The monitor must be replaced to correct the problem . In your case, since your vehicle is a 2007, most likely all four monitors will need to be replaced. I have a 2008 cobalt and my light has been on for over a year. If you check your tire pressure regularly, you can do without the TPMS. In NY your car will pass inspection without correcting it. So if the light being on won't drive you crazy, just leave it alone. It will not affect the performance of the tire.
Hi. Thanks for replying. You know? I dont think that all four sensors have broken down at the very same time. I think that it something wrong with the tpms module or with the fuse. Do anyone know where the fuse of that system is located?
And what about why I am worried about that problem, thats because for me its very comfortable to be aware of the tire pressure and I dont like when something works wrong in the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fuse that operates that system is the same as for your radio. If your radio works, it isn't the fuse.. the fuse is #23, in the hidden panel on the right side of the console.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The fuse that operates that system is the same as for your radio. If your radio works, it isn't the fuse.. the fuse is #23, in the hidden panel on the right side of the console.
Oh, thank. Useful information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might have to take it to the dealership. Mine happened after a dead battery, there is a TSB on low voltage tpms/keyfob situation for the car's computer. Even if you have manual locks, you still have the system the keyfob uses for tpms. It cost $80 but gets rid of the blinking exclamation point!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh, I see. I dont have this key fob device. Do you have the wiring diagram of the tpms for that vehicle? Or maybe you know where to get workshop manual free?
I have a 2009 Cobalt LT and according to my owners manual the cars with out a key fob can activate the tire pressure leaning process by pressing both the Info and reset buttons on the steering wheel at the same time. There is a youtube video that will show you how. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts