Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sick of these TPMS sensors - they just simply dont work worth a hoot. So can I somehow disable the entire system and not get any idiot lights? Right now they are reporting low pressure but I have 40PSI in all the tires... pretty sick of it- dont need it- dont want it... how can I turn it off?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
simple answer. no.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
^^this^^^

and if that doesn't work you might have a problem with the transmitter not picking up the signals from the TPM's

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
you could always do what I did and somehow buy a car that doesn't have tpms lol... If the relearn doesn't work, triple check all your pressures. If one is out just slightly it'll cause it

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
My 2010 has batteries in each sensor,maybe battery is dead in one?
yep the batteries can go dead in these causing a problem.

you could always do what I did and somehow buy a car that doesn't have tpms lol... If the relearn doesn't work, triple check all your pressures. If one is out just slightly it'll cause it
these sensors won't trip the dash light unless you are about 8 psi above or below the recommended psi rate as stated on the the door plaque in the drivers door jamb. Now I say ABOUT 8 psi because this is not an exact number.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oK- thanks for all the info!

But lets say I remove the sensors... then the light goes on in the dash- right? Lets say I then remove the bulb... will I then be rid of this nuisance forever?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
yes the light will be on if you remove the sensors. just getting rid of the bulb on the dash is not going to rid you of the problem. it is going to remind you to check your tires everytime you start the car on the DIC screen. and good luck getting the bulb out because I'm sure it's a lot of work to crack the cluster apart to get at it.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

IMO it is waaay more work to try to get rid of the system than it is to just make it work the way it should

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
this^^^^

it's not worth the hassle of getting rid of it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK- I agree in general but this thing simply seems to be TOO Touchy... can't figure out how to make it work right and am getting mighty sick of it... it's like "Hey- dont do me any favors" -- you know?

Alright- I'll give it another shot.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
take it to good year or such. they can do the relearn and just scan it with their tool
maby one of your sensors is broke or such

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.