Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try this tire size calculator. you can try all different sizes. Like differend widths and sidewall heights.
Tire size calculator

IMO
16= 215/50/16
17= 215/45/17
18= 225/40/18
19= 225/30/19
thanks obz, well thats the innfo i found also but i wasnn't sure if the lowering would effect it at all, i was using tirerack but do you think those sizes still apply if its lowered?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it should. I'm pretty sure tirerack calculates it to keep em the stock size

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
thanks obz, well thats the innfo i found also but i wasnn't sure if the lowering would effect it at all, i was using tirerack but do you think those sizes still apply if its lowered?
if ur worried about rubbing you should be ok, you car might be lowered but its not hammered, id go w/ those sizes OBZ posted

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yep! those will all be fine even lowered!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I personally would go with the following:

16=225/50 16
17=225/45 17
18=225/40 18

See a pattern here? I like 225 width, but all are fine on those sizes.

Another way to find tire sizes is by going to discounttire.com or discounttiredirect.com and inputting your car. It will give you different options for different size wheels.

You can also go to 1010tires.com and they have a tire size calculator that you can use...input your stock tire size and a few different sizes to see how much they differ.

·
Registered
227 Posts
what size rims do you have OBZ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.