Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Without wasting time going through all the gory details, the summary of the story is that I upgraded the stock LS steering wheel with an LT primarily for the volume up/down and the station up/down. Lucas tells me that I have a non-standard radio (not true - at the time) and that the scan tool connecting to the BCM cant find the anything.

Then I called Crutchfield and they told me I needed a new HU (a clarion) and an adapter they sold to make it work.. Guess what..? It didnt. I am not doing this myself but via a shop in Staten Island (Mobile Addictions) who are VERY smart guys.
So I paid them $50 for nothing. Then I just paid $22 for this site called just answer.com where a Chevy tech advised that I likely needed a new SIR coil module and a reflash from the BCM via the dealer scan tool.

If you know of a "mod-friendly" indy or dealer shop to work with me to get these switches to work, I will be forever in your debt.

Send an e-mail if you please to ed colandra(<one word) AT gmail DOT com,
if you know a dealer or indy (NJ tri State Area) who would be willing to try to get the buttons to work.

Thanks
ED

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Without wasting time going through all the gory details, the summary of the story is that I upgraded the stock LS steering wheel with an LT primarily for the volume up/down and the station up/down. Lucas tells me that I have a non-standard radio (not true - at the time) and that the scan tool connecting to the BCM cant find the anything.

Then I called Crutchfield and they told me I needed a new HU (a clarion) and an adapter they sold to make it work.. Guess what..? It didnt. I am not doing this myself but via a shop in Staten Island (Mobile Addictions) who are VERY smart guys.
So I paid them $50 for nothing. Then I just paid $22 for this site called just answer.com where a Chevy tech advised that I likely needed a new SIR coil module and a reflash from the BCM via the dealer scan tool.

If you know of a "mod-friendly" indy or dealer shop to work with me to get these switches to work, I will be forever in your debt.

Send an e-mail if you please to ed colandra(<one word) AT gmail DOT com,
if you know a dealer or indy (NJ tri State Area) who would be willing to try to get the buttons to work.

Thanks
ED
In case you're wondering, I did get it to work, BUT had to drive VERY FAR into Virginia to find someone who knew what he was doing..but my steering wheel controls now work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.