Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone , just a quick question , anybody else go thru a set of tires so fast . They came on the car new, had them rotated once at 5000 miles , and there now at 10000 and about gone. Would never let my wife try to get thru an Erie, Pa. winter with them. Are they just putting junk tires on at the factory or what ?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If you are talking about the tires on a LS model, ie the Continentals 15 inch on steel wheels yes they are crap. But what do you expect nowadays, nothing but cheap crap from the factory. Wait a few thousand more miles and check out your front rotors, mine are rotting out from rust.

·
Registered
720 Posts
All the stock tires on Cobalt's are pretty much crap...the SS/SC's and SS/TC's have summer tires that wear very fast as well...10k miles is way too fast for AS 15's though (if that's what you have)...My Conti's lasted around 25k miles....probably could have gotten 30-35k out of them, but hated them. Didn't use them in the winter ever (have 195/60 Hankook winter ipike tires on steelies that I've used for the past 2 years and will use again this year).

I have the tires in my sig on right now and they are great...have had them for a few thousand miles now...I love them so far...for an all season tire, they handle very well and hopefully will have very good tread life. Especially seeing that winter tires are on the car for at least 4-5k miles a year (I only put about 10-12k miles a year on)...gotta love MN. Plus, next year I'll have tires on my MSR 045's that are just sitting waiting for tires so I will probably use these even less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got about 12,000 out of the factory crap they put on. then i opted for my rims on my next set of rubbers! :p lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just going to put 30000 on my Conti's tomorrow. After all the burnouts and spirited driving I do and the way you all talk about the stock tires, I guessed they lasted me pretty good. But with just a little bit of thread left I'm going with my fav. tire, BFG.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
hey everyone , just a quick question , anybody else go thru a set of tires so fast . They came on the car new, had them rotated once at 5000 miles , and there now at 10000 and about gone. Would never let my wife try to get thru an Erie, Pa. winter with them. Are they just putting junk tires on at the factory or what ?
Which balt do you have ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.