Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is a 2008 1LT, with 15-inch wheels, ABS and traction control.

It came with Continental Touring Contact AS all seasons, 195/60/15.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hankook Rubber

Hey, I have an LT2 as well and it came with 16in wheels with 205/55/R16 Hankook rubber. They look great but I want to move up to an 18in wheel. One problem GM changed the bolt pattern to a 5x110 on all the balt line except for the LT1 and the LS. This really sucks becasue the 5x110 pattern is pretty rare and a pain in the ass to find nice looking wheels. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hey, I have an LT2 as well and it came with 16in wheels with 205/55/R16 Hankook rubber. They look great but I want to move up to an 18in wheel. One problem GM changed the bolt pattern to a 5x110 on all the balt line except for the LT1 and the LS. This really sucks becasue the 5x110 pattern is pretty rare and a pain in the ass to find nice looking wheels. Hope this helps.
Go To TireRack.com and type in your vehicle, it will bring up several pages specifically for your bolt pattern and tire size. Its only rare if you dont try searching for it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh, I saw those Hankooks on a new Balt I checked out. Mine came with the Pirelli P6. I just replaced them with Goodyear Comfortreds but the car still rides like ass.
I'm very dissapointed in how my car is holding up, I'm bringing it back to the dealer who suggested new tires as a cure for my ride and tell them it wasnt the tires-fix my suspension! No way the car should ride this bad on new tires.
By the way the Goodyears arent good for this car-going to trade them in for Michelin Primacy's.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My shop loves to sell the hankook tires, supposedly one of the up and coming good brands out there now. I have a set on my honda, only reason i dont have them on the balt, is because they dont come in low pro sizes

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been to every site you can think of. Tirerack has nothing that really stands out in my mind. Like I said it's hard to find a nice wheel in a 18" 5x110 bolt pattern. I'm getting really frustrated, it's April now and I still have no summer shoes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tires for 2LT

My '07 2LT came with the Hankooks. They are a little loud, but even more disturbing: they were made in China! I'm hoping they wear out quickly so I have a good excuse to get them off my car. I have afriend who owns a Goodyear store, and I'm leaning toward the Eagle LS. I'd love to have something with Raised White Lettering, but according to Tire Rack, nobody makes a RWL tire in the size my car uses. I plan to try that Duplicolor tire paint when I get new tires.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update- I rode in my car with the suspension expert at my Chevy dealer (He told them to put in another new steering column and an intermediate shaft-yeh!), very nice guy, I then asked him about tires. I told him I wasnt crazy about the Goodyears I put on, although he said he thought they felt pretty good.
I told him I was trading them in for the Michelins and he said flat out that Michelin makes the best tires out there. He said they are always perfectly round and balance real easy. You should have heard what he said about the Pirelli P6-he said they just flat out suck!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Michelin's installed. They handle much, much better than the Goodyears without riding any rougher. They feel like great tires until.......I get on the Freeway and these tires also get caught in the grooves cut out in the Freeway. Why don't they just leave the Freeways alone!?
Does anyone else in SoCal notice this problem with their tires?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.