• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Funny, I work on ft. Campbell I prolly fixed your ac before lol. I live in clarksville so ya send a pm or something or tell me what building number you work at and ill cruise by in my work truck or something I have to keep the cobalt hidden away from assbags at dpw.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Those pics look recent around the new EOD 7900 block out there new buildings?
I took the pics over by eagle mart on a 4 day weekend with karissa, the other set I did in downtown C-ville by the deli. I'm currently in afghanistan right now, but I should be back around Dec / Jan timeframe....unless something happens over here. I will let you know if anything gets put together round clarksville....I am also a member of streetdreamz CC in clarksville as well. When I get back, we'll have to go out for a beer er something

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
oi got lucky this tour, working in the TOC doing air moves and fire support for battalion

·
Registered
6 Posts
i still have my 25mm chaingun (navy version of the bushmaster) in the trunk of my cobalt its custom mounted so that when i hit a switch my trunk pops open and it slowly raises up with heavy duty hydraulic arms, then i hit my volume button on my steering wheel and enjoy!

seriously though i wish i could.....

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
EPIC!!!! custom cobalt doomsday gun!!!

WillMPG this is Bamble Fire mission over
Direction Will's house to annyoing neighbors house
target marked by small arms tracers
Approch from the SW and egress NE
Requesting 2.75 FFAR and 50 cal in effect
CLEARED HOT!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
had a vibration ever since I got the car almost 3 years ago (bought new). Kept taking it to dealer and they told me every time that it was a wheel balance issue. Soooo, I'd get a balance and rotate and it would help for about a month before the shaking came back. Well about a month ago it got really bad. Turns out my better half forgot to tell me I was due for a rotation anyway so my front tires were worn pretty bad. Was thinking to myself that I'd never gotten a front end alignment and that certainly couldn't hurt, right? So went to the tire shop (a national chain) in town to get 2 new front tires put on and at least check the alignment. They came out and asked if I had ever wrecked the car. I said no. Ever been run off the road? Not while I was driving. I said "what's up?" They said this car was so out of whack under there that they were surprised it drove in a straight line. I'm like WTF? They went on to say maybe it was manufactured just a wee bit off and just got worse over time. Basically the cradle had shifed by about a half-inch on one side and needed pulling back in place. So 400 dollars later everything was supposedly "fixed". It's definitely a LOT better, but I don't know for how long. BTW this car has under 30,000 miles on it.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Holy Crap. That sucks real bad. I hope it's fixed this time. I tell you, I have come to the conclusion that dealerships are worthless. I am done with them.

The last dealership I trusted was a small outfit in Jackson. They closed down when the flood hit. Turns out he was a little under-insured.

We will be looking for a high mileage Dodge Caravan or Chrysler Town and Country soon. I think I will be searching Ebay and Craigs list in Memphis and jackson for that one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm sure the plethora of potholes, railroad tracks, and speedbumps I encounter everyday don't help anything under there.

What pissed me off is that the dealership (only took it there 'cuz of warranty) saw some wheels out of balance, and left it at that....3 times....with 3 different sets of wheels and tires on it. I'm thinking that something on the car itself was throwing them out of balance but the dealer probably never even looked into it. Evidentally alignment issues fall under the category of "adjustments" and is not covered by warranty after 12 months anyway.

Of course all of this is according to the good folks at Goodyear, so who knows? I mean they did insist that my car has the tire pressure monitoring system when I don't think it does. Never saw it in any of the original invoice specs anyway.

I'm jonesing to trade this car in for something with 4 doors, but I don't think anything else will have any better suspension and still get decent mpg's (I'm getting 34 average, over 3 tanks of gas so far). Sure would love me a Malibu Maxx though.

sorry for the mini-rant. This wheel/tire/suspension/whatever-the-hell-it-is problem has kept me from ever really LOVING this car and now I feel like I'm burdened with it.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
hey, got another guy over here in AFG with me talking bout starting a club for balts, we're both out of clarksville though

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I talk to ghost out here in AFG off the workchat thing we have going on our network. If my secure internet comes up I will let him know what y'all said bout the team. He came up with the name team ghost and I know I could try to swing a sponsoship from TTR when they start taking apps again or if anyone knows of local shops that do sopnsoships hit them up as well.

Now here is the question, with being more go than show, what do you want from this club?...besides meetings....I figure we can split up the meets either do every friday or saturday and then go between clarksville and nashville to make it fair and even. What else would you guys like though? Ideas and questions welcome.

I know some of you all out in east TN would have a problem gettign out to nashville. I have the idea of once a month....if we have a 3 or 4 day weekend....heading out that way.....I'm org from knoxville / north knoxville area.... and doing the same for our guys out in west TN as well.

I really wanna get this ball rollin as much as poss while we are over here and then once we get back be able to talk and work out the kinks face to face.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Im in the ATL area a lot and I'm down if its not too far up into TN :)
I could just meet Garrett and I could follow him or something.
I would just have to make sure I had free time and what-not.

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
BUMP this mo fo!!! When bamble gets back we gotta have a meet instead of talking about having a meet.
Im in the ATL area a lot and I'm down if its not too far up into TN :)
I could just meet Garrett and I could follow him or something.
I would just have to make sure I had free time and what-not.
So as it stands right now I am 86 days from comming back to the states. I am not sure if the dave n busters is open again back in nashville, but I think that is prolly gonna be the palce where we link up at..or somewhere else in nashville.....just gotta think of a new place if it's closed.

i think that we could make a day out of it though find a nice place to get some pics done and if at all poss find a place that has a good backdrop if the skyline as well....that would be sick....

I would do my best to have this on a weekend LS that way it would be better on everyone schedual and planned out a few weeks in advance so everyone could ask for the time off as well.

this is gonne be epic...and prolly cold too lol

·
Bamble Ramble!!!!
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I have been told Dave n Busters Wont be open till summer time, So Need a new place to do this meet at.....any ideas??? I will look around on google for some Ideas but other Ideas are welcome

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.