Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good! clean now!!! :)
Now i have to do the second side. Was a pain in the ass to get off the gunk. But i used the bottom soul of my flip flop and it took it off without a problem I know it sounds wierd but it worked.

Also after you take it off you might want to use a rubbing compound then a polishing compound that takes off light swirls. Made my paint shine son. THen after you do that wax the door for a even better shine

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Oh and its a good shot of my car lowered now. Bought the Dropzone springs for 99 bucks and it dropped 2.5 in back and 2 in front Just a Fun Fact for anyone. :)
how are the dropzones? like the clean look btw

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks nice. I dunno if I like it better with or without the side strips, but it still looks nice.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm gonna leave mine on til next summer and if my strips didn't get dinged up theyre coming off

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
That's when you'll get someone parking next to your car, open their door and, "Bammm!", there's a nice dent in your door, along with chipped paint. :blink::nuts:
How many times does this happen? Seriously?
Its totally worth taking these off. EVERYONE should do it.
Looks maaad clean!

·
Registered
240 Posts
How many times does this happen? Seriously?
Its totally worth taking these off. EVERYONE should do it.
Looks maaad clean!
It happens a lot. That's why the strips are even there in the first place. Most people could give a flying rats rear about someone else's car and if they put a ding in someone's door, they could care less and they just go into the store to buy their junk food.

Don't un-think the engineering that went into the car. The strips are there for good reason.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
It happens a lot. That's why the strips are even there in the first place. Most people could give a flying rats rear about someone else's car and if they put a ding in someone's door, they could care less and they just go into the store to buy their junk food.

Don't un-think the engineering that went into the car. The strips are there for good reason.
This is why you do like me and park at the very opposite side everyone is parking.

I get why they are there, im not stupid :laugh:. but its soo much better to strip em off.

·
Registered
455 Posts

not to be a jerk bro, but this site is mainly about people who want to mod their cars. so why do you come on here and tell everybody its a huge mistake to do so? i understand you been working on cars for a long time, but in all honesty your not the utmost authority. Plenty of ppl on here have no door strips and no dents.
end thread jack
looks good twizted. eventually i'll get around to doing mine too

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
not to be a jerk bro, but this site is mainly about people who want to mod their cars. so why do you come on here and tell everybody its a huge mistake to do so? i understand you been working on cars for a long time, but in all honesty your not the utmost authority. Plenty of ppl on here have no door strips and no dents.
end thread jack
looks good twizted. eventually i'll get around to doing mine too
God! Thank you! Jeez you put what I was thinking into words! Every post Ive read from this "John Adams" guy has been ALMOST exactly like what he is saying here. Dont get me wrong, dude is very knowledgeable, but man, dont come on here and bash everything we do or say. We do these things to our car because this is how we want OUR car.

Modding ftmfw!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.