Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets discuss this again since the other thread is closed.
Top Gear (U.S. TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you guys think? Stupid, cool, unsure.

I personally think its gonna be stupid. The presenters are a racer and two comedians. Regular top gear its just three broadcasters/journalists who love cars. The challenges (the moonshine one) seems to dukes of hazzard to me and thats not exactly what top gear is about. And I'm not sure I'll like them sayin 4-door, and trunk, and hood. I liked top gear and there british car terms aka boot and bonnet and saloon. Idk I'll watch it but I'm not optimisitic.

---------- Post added 11-17-2010 at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-16-2010 at 11:36 PM ----------

jdm where you at? can we discuss this please

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stupid, but I hope I'm wrong. You can't say anything bad about a car in the US without ticking off a sponsor. The chances of getting a completely honest critique of a car? None. I don't think they'll be able to say any car is American rubbish. The guests and track times could still be interesting.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah exactly, i learned that top gear uk is a publicly funded show, this one is funded by the people who pay for ads on it. So i'm sure they'll be testing a dodge viper and not say one thing about it being junk, or testing a vette and not say one thing about it being cheap plastic. Also what do you think they are gonna do for races?? NYC to LA, thats original.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They have a Top Gear in Russia, Australia, and Germany, it was only a matter of time before it made it to the U.S., and in each of those countries too, they're very different from the original.

But I mean...you could always just keep watching the originals anyways if you don't like the one here. It's not like it's hard to find new episodes on the internet.

·
Registered
232 Posts
"Producers of the History Channel version have noted a greater interest in car customization by American car enthusiasts than in Britain, an element that will be incorporated into the new show."

Im interested to see where thats going. I doubt it will live up to the expectations set by the original but I'll give it a chance.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
we are thinking of getting those guys to come to our campus for a day when we have our dyno days in spring and car show.. it wont be cheap to get them here but it would be awesome!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
ive got the dvr all set to record it. i really hope its gonna be good, i doubt it will be as good as the original tho. i will miss the british humor that undoubtedly will not exist in the new version but im willing to give it a fighting chance. the original was possibly the best car related show ive ever seen so if the new one is 1/2 as good ill be very happy...

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its on, its been a minute, its stupid

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

ugh and mercedes is sponsering the episode, god forbid we diss the mercedes ever on top gear america

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, thankfully Futurama will be on Comedy Central again after this is over.

Never again will I watch the American version of Top Gear unless I am hella bored.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.