Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the past...

Yes, I was young and foolish when I did this.

·
Registered
673 Posts
can we just lock these this thread before two dozen teenagers come here and post about the stupidly insane speeds they drove on public roads? I'm sorry but I HATE these threads. It encourages people do try and go faster then the others.

·
Registered
561 Posts
can we just lock these this thread before two dozen teenagers come here and post about the stupidly insane speeds they drove on public roads? I'm sorry but I HATE these threads. It encourages people do try and go faster then the others.

You have a point....

Keep this in mind before anyone else does this....You can get killed or kill someone else while attempting this on a public road. Displays like this should always be done at the track.

D

·
0 Posts
I'm not a big fan of doing this on the track. Not enough space. I prefer something like this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hell that would work too.......lol As long as I get to drive that car.
get in line bro lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went 120 in my Preza then pussed out. Driving fast on a straight line highway without traffic is fine. Driving those speeds in traffic on curvy roads = bad idea... Thats my two cents

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah well everyone thinks the road is flat straight and clear of people. Everyone always thinks they are in a safe spot and they are in a good driver. One pot, deer, furry animal, hobo, tire failure, or any other small thing in the road and you could lose it and die or worse yet kill someone else.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah well everyone thinks the road is flat straight and clear of people. Everyone always thinks they are in a safe spot and they are in a good driver. One pot, deer, furry animal, hobo, tire failure, or any other small thing in the road and you could lose it and die or worse yet kill someone else.
Yep, you're right about that, it can be very dangerous. It doesn't encourage me to go do it and I doubt others watch this, hop in their car, and go for a top speed run. Also, we're all speed junkies on this site, why would you tune up your car if you weren't looking to go faster? Even you IMA, I know you go to the track and race there, but you're going to tell us you've never knowingly went past the speed limit?

·
Registered
673 Posts
but there is a difference between going over the speed limit and top speed....
Exactly, there's speeding and there's excessive speed. There's a huge difference between 70 in a 65 and 130 in a 65.

For the record I DO NOT SPEED EXCESSIVELY!! On the highway I got 69 in 65s and no more. Period. There is a time and place to go fast and it's not on a public road.

·
Registered
230 Posts
He wasn't going 130 though, 105 is fast but not that terrible. He wasn't weaving or close to other cars. I know it's dangerous but every post about someone going top speed or removing governor you have a freak out and want it locked.

TL, was this a stock or modded run?

·
Registered
673 Posts
He wasn't going 130 though, 105 is fast but not that terrible. He wasn't weaving or close to other cars. I know it's dangerous but every post about someone going top speed or removing governor you have a freak out and want it locked.

TL, was this a stock or modded run?

because it promotes stupid behavior. There are a lot of teens here and they see that and want to try and go that fast or faster. It's irresponsible to promote that sort of thing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
because it promotes stupid behavior. There are a lot of teens here and they see that and want to try and go that fast or faster. It's irresponsible to promote that sort of thing.
He's talking about it, not telling everyone to go out and do it. If people did go out and do it, it would be their own poor judgement if they lost control and crashed. Also, just because someone is a teenager doesn't mean they are incapable of making decisions. You ever see those videos of freeway racing to like 180mph on streetfire? They're all older men.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.