Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock 2006 LS, I'm the original owner, so I know nothing been changed. I topped it out at 124mph. Why didn't the computer shut it off? I've read on other forums that non-turbo cobalts shut off around 110 or under. Have you guys heard of other stock cobalts going over 120?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Theres a 2.2 on here thats gone over 120 and he proved it with a video. It all depends on what model you have, Gm decided to make some different from each other but most stop at 110. Ive gotten mine to about 115 and i stopped. That was about 2 years ago and 2 speeding tickets later. :laugh: I havnt gone over 80 mph in months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
un plug ur VSS if you have a standard transmission and you can go to the very tippy top of 5th.

I did it on my old red Base Coupe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ibtl

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

??????

·
Registered
194 Posts
... i got nervous at 150.... why did I do it?.......... i saw empty highway road and made a bad judgement call that I was lucky I didn't pay for.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
anything over 100 is uncalled for.. yea i have my go-fast moments but nothing good happens over 80.. ibtl also!

p.s. fastest i went was 105 on a country road once.. havent gone over 80 since.. its stupid to go that fast anywhere except a track

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ive done 130 and 140..............On the back stretch at Watkins Glen International

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Everyone has wanted to go fast and done it, I agree everyone stop being a goody two shoes, I personally have only gone like 90 hahaha I'm just concerned about gas mileage.

·
Registered
194 Posts
because its stupid to go that fast on a road that isn't closed off
that's true... that's why I threw in my bad judgement part. I don't normally do anything over 70 on the highway. it was just one of those days.... I do 105mph at ATCO but then I have to hit the brakes cause the 1/4m is over....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.