187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Current Mod's

Wheels
225/40ZR18 Hankook Ventus V4
Drag DR-19 18in Rims

Exterior
16% Rear Windows Tint
Custom Chrome Bottom and Top Grilles, Body Side Moldings(Only $40!)
Chrome Exhaust Tip

Lighting
Custom 3rd Brake Light Template(Free!)
8000K HID's Highs/Lows

Audio
Infinity 12in Sub
Pioneer back speakers
Infinity front speakers
Kenwood 1800w mono amp

Interior
Completely insulated trunk using pink foam roll (Only $8!)
Headrest Deletion, Rear Seats.

Future
Thinking about Audi LED headlight strip mod, not gonna do too much more because im buying a WRX at the end of undergrad next year...

Custom Chrome top and bottom grill

8000k HID's

Before HID's

After HID's, same location lol

used computer paper and cut out piece, here it is lit up

not lit up

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol i personally love the chrome, the pics aren't really doing it too much good. it looks alot better in person and it pops out compared to other front grilles on the street.

O and im working on painting the trim pieces in the interier with a chrome paint which i might be the first to do on a cobalt lol, should be done tomorrow. wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol i personally love the chrome, the pics aren't really doing it too much good. it looks alot better in person and it pops out compared to other front grilles on the street.

O and im working on painting the trim pieces in the interier with a chrome paint which i might be the first to do on a cobalt lol, should be done tomorrow. wish me luck!
just make sure you do it well. any imperfections will show with a super high gloss like that...i had gloss black before I went to blue...every piece of lint that made it in was noticeable...lol...I wasn't hating on the chrome, I just hate it, its not trashy or anything....ha....it just doesnt tickle my fancy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thanks for the clarification, i thought i was gettin ripped on haha.

yea im still trying to figure out how to do it, i looked at the DIY on how to do it and i think im gonna do 2 coats of primer, and about 2 of the chrome paint. im not sure if i can clear coat the chrome paint, thats my dilemma. i'm gonna keep looking but hopefully i can find an answer tonight or tmrw morning. ill post after i finish

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

lol and i love my gf too, but SHES ALL MINE! o and the girl next to the car

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lol thanks for the clarification, i thought i was gettin ripped on haha.

yea im still trying to figure out how to do it, i looked at the DIY on how to do it and i think im gonna do 2 coats of primer, and about 2 of the chrome paint. im not sure if i can clear coat the chrome paint, thats my dilemma. i'm gonna keep looking but hopefully i can find an answer tonight or tmrw morning. ill post after i finish
I'll help ya....

I used 360grit sand paper to sand it initially, then moved up to 1000grit to smoothen it out, a thick coat of primer (still should see a considerable amount of gray) , then i go straight in to the regular paint while the primer is still tacky, thin coats, seriously one pass over every minute or so until your satisfied with the color.then I'd do clear coat....here a pic of a gloss black bowtie I did today for a buddy with some clear coat done as i said above...looks like glass. with lint from the air..grrrr
and no the parts that look silver arent silver, thats the light / shine.....woot!

·
Say What again!
5,997 Posts
Could probably do without the chrome - but maybe it looks better in person.

Very clean otherwise! Hot girl.

That car needs a drop.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thats how we roll in WV, apparently when we do get a decent amount of snow, the state takes a day or two to realize it...haha

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.