Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Powell makes them, they are functional, pulling the car say out of a ditch or if it's stuck in snow, maybe winching it onto a flatbed.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Nope, Powell's only replaced two, one he warrantied because the metal got stretched but didn't break. The other the guy had to buy a new one because he jacked up his car off of the plate and it bent, it's made for horizontal forces not vertical.

I have a set to install, mainly so if I get stuck in the winter I won't be crawling under the car.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I finally buckled and got a set on the way too. I always thought putting a tow hook on your car is like setting a fire extinguisher on the kitchen counter before you start cooking lol
Not that I plan to go off the track now, but I figure with how low the car is and all the mud if you do go off at my local road track, I owe it to the track crew to make their job easier and as or more importantly, prevent any damage to my car. Just in case. Hope I never have to use them lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
It looks ricey to me. Most cars I see with those hooks have never seen a track and likely never will. It's too flashy for my taste.

When I get stuck, I use my old steel traction aids. They've bailed me out many times before.
That's why mine will be black (like my car) and I'll likely take them off when not at the track. Everything on my car is function > form :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
If my car needs to be towed from the front it would damage my bumper and lip without the tow hook.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
On some tracks that's mandatory if it's actually a race.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Ever thought of tow straps? I got one, it's functional (I've actually had to use it once) and when not in use it can be tucked behind the grill and mostly out of sight.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Here's a shot with the tow strap out...

Here's one with it tucked behind the bumper and out of sight

I dunno how it would fare pulling your car out of a ditch, but it works fine when you stall on the autoX course.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.