Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time posting here. I replaced 4 missing sensors and a key FOB. THe latter helped start the learn process for the TPMS but the light on the dash menu still says malfunction with the light flashing for about 60 seconds then staying on. I read the closed posts on here and could not find a solution. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Sounds like a BCM re-learn/reflash is in order. I'm going to move this to the repair/troubleshooting forum and hopefully Coby will be able to help a little more on this subject.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
What did you do after you entered the learn process? If you don't have TPMS programmer you have to deflate or inflate each tire starting with front drivers side. Blinker bulb will be lit to indicate which wheel the RCDLR is waiting for. It will not relearn on it's own.

TPMS is part of the RCDLR and usually if remotes work so does the TPMS. This module will send error message to BCM via GMLan and then BCM transmits proper signal to Instrument panel 07-10 and I believe to radio display on 05-06 (don't quote me on this last one)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Will the deflating tire with a new sensor never programmed to your computer before work? Or only ones that have already been synced? I was having trouble and gave up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. After I replaced, and the tech at the tire store said he could not replace without a FOB, I replaced the FOB with one from the auto parts store. That FOB initially caused the transmission to shift hard, made the turn signals audible and a couple of other weird things, but they went awat in a few starts. It did not allow the TPMS to initiate the reset, so I bought one at Chevrolet. It worked and did work with the walk around beeping with each tire reset. It just did not reset the dash notification and the light stays on. Not sure if related, but the steering wheele info button and arrow by the cruise control do not seem to be working.

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Check 2 amp fuse in BCM fuse block.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Also maybe it's time to reseat both blue connectors on your BCM, remove and insert them a few times each. Because FOB is not responsible for hard shift or any other of the problems you experienced. Disconnect battery first

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dealer bound

Tried your suggestion and it appeared to work on all but the tire. Took it to the dealer and they hooked up their machine to it and had to retrain the computer to recognize the sensors. ALl better now. Thanks for all of the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.