Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so put some rims on my car and had some issues with the clips on the brake drums and fixed it and now my tpms light is on and im not sure if there is any on the new wheels and tires and now i wanna kno if there is a way around the sensors

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
my light is on too, its always on, haha... the tpms thing is in ur stock tires-some1 told me its in the valve stem-i thought about just pullin the fuse, if that's possible. but it doesnt bother me enough to MAKE me do something about it, lol

·
Registered
600 Posts
your TPMS sensor is an easy fix if you have your old ones. I swapped mines out to my new wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Transfer the OEM valve stems to your new rims. Re-calibrate and thats it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yes "TPMS" is a great system is a good system to keep you safe... but for everything else it SUCKS! if you dont have a keyless entry you have to go threw then info buttons on your steering wheel and go around the car from tire to tire reseting the pressure till the TPMS computer relearns everything....<<and thats with every 7,000 recomended tire rotation.. as long as the rims are in the same spot.. you can just adjust the pressure and you'll be ok...

swap your TPMS sensors from your factory wheels to your aftermarket ones( sensor is located where the valve steam usally is)

then follow the instructions in your OM to reset your light

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
word i might have to do that ill do it in the spring though cuz the rims will be coming off soon since its now September =(!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
word i might have to do that ill do it in the spring though cuz the rims will be coming off soon since its now September =(!
i know, im already depressed about puttin my hubdubs back on... im gonna try to wait til November to do that tho... wow, that'll be a bad birthday present to myself... takin my rims off, HAHA

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha ya im thinking right after halloween cuz anytime after then who knows when snow will come in the northeast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.