Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the forums for a TPMS relearn tutorial but I can't seem to find it. What I've found so far are other posts that mentions that there is a tutorial on the forum. I replaced my TPMS sensors and I tried to follow some youtube tutorials but my '09 LT doesn't have the option of 'TIRE RELEARN' when I go though the settings. I'm looking for a more definitive guide to make sure I'm doing everything right. Can someone point me to a link?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you have a fob? If so, you need to turn the key just one click. Then push and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. The horn will honk and the turn signal for the left front tire will light up. Let air out of that tire 'til it honks. Then go over to the passenger side and do the same thing over there. Then the right rear and the left rear. The turn signal will light up for whatever tire you need to let air out of. After the last tire is done, it should honk once, then give out a couple more honks indicating that you're done. If one tire seems to not be responding to airing the tire down, it's possible that the TPMS sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have a key fob. I'm trying to do it using the method of using the buttons on the steering wheel. I wonder why my car doesn't have the TIRE RELEARN option in its menu. Also, if I just buy a key fob from Walmart will it work?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not sure how the fobs from Wal-Mart will work. I did get a fob off Amazon that included a "programmer" that plugged into the OBD II port. That worked, but I was unable to initiate the TPMS relearn procedure. Ended up getting an AC Delco fob off Amazon and got the dealer to program it for me and I've been able to initiate the TPMS relearn procedure just fine with it.

It sounds like your car was programmed to include a fob, so you won't have the tire relearn option in the menu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts