Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to relearn tpms on 2008 Cobalt. Get it into mode ok, start with driver side front wheel let air out for crazy long time but get the honk, move to passenger's front same deal, move to passenger's rear, but taillight does not come on and process stops there for some reason? Tried twice with same result. Any clues are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Really? Nobody has seen this before? I was thinking maybe right rat Bluetooth transmitter has failed, but I did have all four readings before I started the relearn procedure. Went ahead and ordered relearn reset tool in hopes it might help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Nobody has seen this before? I was thinking maybe right rat Bluetooth transmitter has failed, but I did have all four readings before I started the relearn procedure. Went ahead and ordered a tool

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a cheap reset relearn tool on Amazon for GM followed instructions horn never sounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have done this a couple of times on the wifes car - never had a problem maybe things to look at is the air going out fast enough - I think if it doesn't change fast enough might not detect it - what if you skip the right rear and jump to the left rear - it will learn the tire wrong but if the left rear learns as the right rear you can eliminate the system would be more tire/sensor specific

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

It is a 2008, so it is likely that this happened after a (car) battery depletion or disconnection. There is a recall on RCDLR issue after power disconnection. I have experienced the same issue. After reading forums all over, and getting unconclusive and non specific answers, decided to give this a shot:

What I ended up doing was going to a junkyard and grabbing the RCDLR off of a 2010-2011 Malibu (along with the keyfob from that car). This is located between both rear deck speakers, just pull down from the trunk and it will be there.

This fixed my TPMS relearn issues, but has the side effect that any previous fob will need to be relearned (this needs an OBD2 tool, a Locksmith, or a TECH2). I got an Autel AP200 which has key fob and TPMS relearn functions for approx 60 dlls on Amazon, this pays for itself on a single fob relearn operation and works wonders on other OBD2 diagnostics.

First, both pillar/airbag covers need to be removed from both sides of the windshield. Don't rush and try to avoid this step. You will only crack the defroster dash vent. Don't ask me why I know this.

I suspect any 2009-2012 Malibu, 2009+ G5, G6, Aura can be used

Probably HHR, Solstice and SKY are donors, as long as they're not 2008 (or earlier), but the body information (trunk button availability) might not be included in their programming.

Now I have functional OEM alarm and working TPMS sensors!

Regards!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts