Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a TPMS system in my car and was thinking of getting one. I was wondering if anyone has used a TPMS system they got online somewhere to install in their car, if so who did you use?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Is it for your Cobalt? I thought that was standard across all years.

I'd probably look at Amazon for the parts, and pretty much any local shop should be able to install it. It'd probably cost just a little more than getting your tires rotated/balanced.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Mine doesn't have tpms and I'm happy about that haha, not sure what modules you would possibly need to install or whatever but it would most likely need to be turned on with a tech 2 before it would ever work anyways

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It just has to be enable in the BCM. I just disabled 3 Cobalts for people who didn't want to put sensors in their winter rims. I charge $20, seems reasonable to me $5 a wheel lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Until one goes out. I wish I didn't have it. Its a pain. Coby, how bad is it to disable?? I check my tires normally anyway and don't want to have to add them to my new summer wheels.

But, I have a friend with a 07 and his does not have it and my 08 does.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My 2010 doesn't have 'em.

·
Registered
31 Posts
tpms

Yeah, Tpms became stock in every car 2008+ as a guidance law thingymajig. whether direct or indirect tpms, you should have it as 2008+. (The tpms wireless sensor is the same one for the key fob i beleive?)

·
Registered
35 Posts
If anyone breaks off the sensor when changing the tire, i just want to remind you that they sell the shrader valve with the tpms attachment for a few dollars instead of the whole sensor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.