Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Cobalt and recently a TPMS sensor went out. Also, my wife damaged a tire so I am getting them all replaced. I figured I would just get the TPMS sensor replaced at the same time. I am getting them replaced through the dealer. He is charging me $65 for the TPMS sensor installed. I know they are not cheap, but is that at least reasonable? Seems like a lot and they will have the tires off anyways but I have no way to pull tires off to replace one myself. Also, am I being stupid by not changing all 4 at the same time? I guess the answer to that question doesn't really matter since I don't have the extra $185 to do them all now.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks like they're about $45 each for the part. Installation's gonna include re-learning the system so it reads the sensors properly, but $20 per sensor sounds like a bit much for labor. It's not a big deal if you replace only one, just know that the other three are probably not far behind. If the TMPS sensor does stop working, all it does is display an angry fishbowl light and no reading for the PSI. Make sure you carry a traditional tire pressure gauge to check the tires every week or so.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-13586335-Original-Equipment-Monitoring/dp/B008B5X5GC

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, I am going to go ahead and have them replace it. I just figured that while they are replacing all 4 tires and need to mount balance and do the relearn anyway, they would cut me a break on the labor...but they just charge what their books says regardless. Besides, I have a relearn tool and could do that myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.