Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Cobalt/G5 owners!

I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS coupe equipped with the 2.4L and am currently experiencing a weird issue. During the month of July, I had both my traction control light and engine light come on reading p0014. With this code I experienced rough shifting between gears. I replaced the camshaft position sensor and that seemed to correct the issue. However, in August, the p0014 code came back and i further went to replace the exhaust and intake solenoid. Again after replacing this, the issue seemed to be gone.. However, now in December intermittently the traction control light have come on, but will go away after driving. What could be causing this issue? I am really puzzled as i feel i covered most of the issues that could be causing this. The rough shifting makes it unenjoyable to drive and frankly pisses me off since it has been an amazing vehicle since I've owned it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance guys! :)

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Have you tried re-seating the 2 blue-gray connectors on the BCM?

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
There's always the possibility of corrosion buildup on the ECM/TCM fuse of the BCM. Top left of BCM fuse block if I remember right. Just swap it with a new one. But don't do these at same time if you want to know which one solved the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
No luck with these fixes, unfortunately. After about a few days the traction light came on after starting the car and continued to remain on for a few kilometres of driving. Its so hard to catch due to it be intermittent. Any other possible fixes? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.