Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
when i turned the car on today a message poped up service traction with the traction light and power steering what does that mean i checked all the fuses there fine the car still drives but there is no power steering or traction. what could be the problem?

the code is u0101 something with the tcm how o i fix that?

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello Murdy81 –

Sorry to hear about the traction light/power steering concern you’re having. If you’re willing, I’d recommend bringing your car into your servicing dealership for diagnosis.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to do that the only that. I saw someone else had the same problem and they replaced the tcm. Cant I just buy a new tcm and replace it because I don't want to have to wait till Monday just for them to look at my car.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello again,

As the owner, you definitely have the right to repair your vehicle as you see fit, but my best recommendation to hold tight and have a dealership look at it. I understand not wanting to wait until Monday with a vehicle issue. It might be the TCM, it might not, and with them looking at it in person they would be able to make that call. After that diagnosis, you would know for sure and can proceed as you see fit.

Please keep in touch! PM me after you are in with the dealer to let me know how things went.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again,

As the owner, you definitely have the right to repair your vehicle as you see fit, but my best recommendation to hold tight and have a dealership look at it. I understand not wanting to wait until Monday with a vehicle issue. It might be the TCM, it might not, and with them looking at it in person they would be able to make that call. After that diagnosis, you would know for sure and can proceed as you see fit.

Please keep in touch! PM me after you are in with the dealer to let me know how things went.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

Yeah I defiantly going to send it in but I was wOndeeing once one is installed does the computer need to be reprogramed

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello murdy81,

As a Customer Service representative, I don’t have the technical expertise to answer that. :eek:h: I’m sorry I can’t be of more help with that specific question – definitely ask at the dealership (I think you’re taking it in today, right?).

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.