Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
never was crazy about the sonic but very curious to hear how it handles and if it lacks power or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Handles great and a blast to drive actually. For the size of the car and motor combo she gets up and goes great. Easy burn out. And with traction control off, tons of fun. Not much done yet it's only been like 2 weeks but will def post more pics for ya. The gauge cluster is awesome.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Handles great and a blast to drive actually. For the size of the car and motor combo she gets up and goes great. Easy burn out. And with traction control off, tons of fun. Not much done yet it's only been like 2 weeks but will def post more pics for ya. The gauge cluster is awesome.
watch ZZP closely to see what they come out with hahahah

now, to research how much HP the stock engine can hold...can you say BOOST INCREASE? lool

just changing the downpipe/exhaust combo should give you some extra power :D

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
doesn't say anywhere what the engine is capable of in terms of hp limits...BOO! I would guess somewhere in thw 180whp range though since it's quite smaller than the balt and less material/less strong alloy most likely.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Stock it's 140 hp
I'm talking how much the stock engine can handle (before blowing) if you put larger exhaust components and up the boost etc.

otherwise known as "engineering limits" :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ya idk there is no aftermarket ahit out for it yet really. I had to fab a custom 3 in Magnaflo myself.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Oh ya idk there is no aftermarket ahit out for it yet really. I had to fab a custom 3 in Magnaflo myself.
sweet didnt know u already did that. Now when zzp makes a dp get that in 3" as well and you'll already gain some nice power :p

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
not really, I would say 2.5 would be optimal. When you start pushing alot of boost and high HP then maybe 3".

I like 'em but something about them, maybe as I see 'em more and such. If I get something in that range its going to be the 500 Abarth.

More pics!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More pics soon. Haven't done really anything yet. Hard to do bids cuz it's 19 degrees out. As the weather gets better

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.