Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought my 2007 Cobalt LT coupe last year in August for 7500 but I recently found this wicked tricked out Cobalt SS for sale from a Chevy Dealer in CT. You may probably think it's "ricer" since it has Lambo doors. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys think it's a good deal. And how much do you think my 07' Cobalt LT coupe is worth? 71,000mi on it. I was told (not by the dealership) they would only probably give me 5000-6000 for the LT. It's completely stock.

The SS: 83,000mi, 5speed manual transmission, factory SC, leather interior, lambo doors, custom hood/exhaust, sunroof, halogen headlights, factory SS spoiler, and a lot more.

Their asking: 8,999 for it
Original Price: 11,999

Bigger Images

Thanks in advance for any of your insight.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
i say why the hell not, it looks good. I just dont like that damn hood! but im a bit weird

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I'd trade for it. A hood can always be changed. And less than 10k for an SS, especially a SC one with less than 100k miles, that's a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
would suggest to get HID's in those headlights as soon as you get the vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I do agree with you guys that the car's a really good deal. I guess the dealership just can't get rid of it since it's been on the market for almost 200 days. It was originally priced at 11,999, dropped to 10,999, and on August 24th the price was dropped to 8,999. I guess they want to get rid of it finally XD

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
make them drop it another 1k!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah lol, that's what I was thinking of doing as well, negotiating. I was going to do work on my LT but an SS with those luxuries? for 8,999!? The car is a steal. I'm checking it out this weekend.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Just think, how much negative equity do you have from your LT if you traded it in? Another thing you need to look at, but if money isn't a big deal, just trade it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently pay 147/month for the loan on the LT. It's about half way paid off. I'm not really worried about the money. Like anyone, I'm sure it's great to be able to buy a car with a briefcase of cash XD if you're able too

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Make sure to have it checked out if you dont know much about mechanics. Typically these kinds of cars sit for 200+ days without selling for a reason. And maybe it's your picture but the hood looks trashed on the front lip.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
It was just a reflection blackbalts. I agree tho, it's unusual for a car like this to sit for that long. But my Evo sat for 7 months on a dealer lot (but there were issues with it when I got it, but it all turned out to be $3 worth of vacuum T's and hoses and it fixed everything). So just keep that in mind, check it out through and through.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Probably just the lighting making it look that way. But also check the paint, that front end looks pretty ripped up with scratches. Not trying to be a downer, just helping you look at this rationally.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Have them wash it before you test it too. That way you can see all the imperfections on the car's exterior.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'll probably see if my families private mechanic can come with me to check the car out. I do appreciate all of your insight guys. My LT had a few minor issues like scratches on the body and the front speakers were blown as well as chips in the driver side interior door handle... but I was able to have the speakers fixed without paying anything. The scratches on the body are still there but they are very minor. I'll be looking specifically at every little detail before I attempt to buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
yes less filter would look great! if theres a small thing wrong we could be here to help though!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Just one thing. Black sucks when you own it! I have two black vehicles and I get so pissed about scratches, marks, dust! I seriously washed my car, pulled it into the garage and before I was 1/4 fo the way through waxing it I was wiping dust off the thing. ugh!!!

But, in the end it looks sooooo sexy!!:love::love::love:

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Just one thing. Black sucks when you own it! I have two black vehicles and I get so pissed about scratches, marks, dust! I seriously washed my car, pulled it into the garage and before I was 1/4 fo the way through waxing it I was wiping dust off the thing. ugh!!!

But, in the end it looks sooooo sexy!!:love::love::love:
As I've done a lot of detailing on cars after doing performance work to them (basically making them SUPER clean for the customers before they get their cars back), I'd have to say, Black is a VERY good looking color, one of my favorites on a car, but is THE HARDEST to keep clean lol.:nuts:

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
won't hurt checking out if you really want a balt. I love that hood personally, then again my SS was a different color and it went with the theme of the car. Hell my SS sat for a year before I traded for it, granted my SS was still new. Whomever took the pics did some bad editing, it does look "dirty" but eh. Price is not bad either for being a dealer sold car or personal. People bitch and moan all day they cannot get a good trade it but find a cheapish balt and its still too pricey. So if you really want one, check it out and won't hurt to try to negotiate.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.