Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of ppl with tranny and motor mounts, does it do that much of a difference? And does the car actually become quicker or does it just get alot better handling?

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's great for cutting your 60ft times at the track. Also for the SS/SC it give a real piece of mind because it eliminates wheel hop which can easily break and axle or crack the trans case. They also firm up the shifts.

I personally think it's a great mod, but you will get some extra vibration in the cabin after you install them. It settles down quite a bit after a few hundred miles but with the AC there is always some vibes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the vibration very noticable? How much would it cost me for all the mounts

R

·
0 Posts
I found it annoying as heck with the A/C on, but I just hate rattling trim. Many have said they love the monts and haven't had to many probelms with vibes so??

Performance wise they really were nice. Shifts were so smooth.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Is the vibration very noticable? How much would it cost me for all the mounts

More with trans mounts that engine mounts. I put my engine mount on and got a little vibration while the trans mounts gave it a lot. I notice a huge difference in shifting and launching.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the vibration sort of like having snow in your rims lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
? uhhh idk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having snow in the rims just totally unbalances everything and the car shakes like a bastard, usually happens when you go drifting (if you call pulling the e-brake in the snow drifting) lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
it's not that terrible, as long as you're expecting them. and you get used to them as well. i never understood people that complain about them, you know before you do the install that you'll have some extra vibes. it's like putting on an aftermarket exhaust, and then bitching that it's louder than stock. makes no sense.

that being said, it's WELL worth it to do this simple mod.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the vibration stay constant all the time or is it a "faster you go, worst it gets" type of vibe

·
Registered
75 Posts
exactly. even at idle it's not that bad anymore. the few times they're really noticeable is when you start the car when it's very cold out, (goes away once it's warmed up). also, if you're going very slow in too high a gear. like if you slow down for a speed bump, keep it in 2nd, and give it gas after the bump. you'll feel the car shake for a second.

normal driving, don't really feel it at all.

S

·
0 Posts
I've got BWoody solid mounts all around... and it made a heck of a difference. The car takes off much faster now... and wheel hop is gone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I guess I'm goin' to buy me some mounts if it's that good

·
Registered
575 Posts
Def a great buy highly suggest

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks alot for all the input and the help guys, I really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Definitally get the mounts ...there is a deifference and its really not that expensive of a mod. I plan on doing mine. For the smoother shifts alone

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I just installed front and rear tranny mounts on tuesday and I may take them out. The vibrations are pretty bad. It makes the whole car sound lowder inside the cabbin. Also it shakes the car REALLY bad if you bog at all. THe vibrations are worst at 1bout 1000 - 1500 RPM. I have already noticed them loosening up a bit, so I'm going to keep them for a few more hundred miles. If they don't loosen up a little more I'm going to replace one back to stock.

On the plus side I have noticed I am putting more power down to the ground. And I have NO wheel hop. But then again I rairly got wheel hop before..

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just installed front and rear tranny mounts on tuesday and I may take them out. The vibrations are pretty bad. It makes the whole car sound lowder inside the cabbin. Also it shakes the car REALLY bad if you bog at all. THe vibrations are worst at 1bout 1000 - 1500 RPM. I have already noticed them loosening up a bit, so I'm going to keep them for a few more hundred miles. If they don't loosen up a little more I'm going to replace one back to stock.

On the plus side I have noticed I am putting more power down to the ground. And I have NO wheel hop. But then again I rairly got wheel hop before..
This will settle give em 500-1000 miles

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.