Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf and I just had a baby boy! My question is what do I need to build the tranny to be able to hold 350whp. I have the ls cobalt with engine build etc. How much will it cost,? Or should I just sell cobalt and buy sti or evo x? It snows here so I was looking at awd cars. Any advice will help

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Why don't you get a little SUV AWD instead. Safer for the little guy, easier access for girlfriend to install baby in car seat. Higher of ground for snow clearance. I'm thinking maybe a Buick "Encore" 1.8l turbo AWD would suit you way better than an EVO. EVO is not really a familly car. Remember you might have an other one on the way soon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put so much money into the engine build, but that's not a prob, the tickets are! Lol we looked at the sti hatchback. She liked it, I like it, nice lil trunk etc, but I just dunno how to part with cobalt. The engine is built, just need turbo and tranny build.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Experience talking here...... If you want to keep your girlfriend and futur wife do the responsable thing. Make a familly decision and not a personal decision.

Just trying to help.............. I know, been there bought the Tshirt and the f*in spoon.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your tranny never took a dump bankerbalt? The cobalt interior is bothering me now lol, after tranny build hoes redecorating interior. $$$$$ I'm 6"5, I sit ok comfortable inside. So can't complain, I like my balt. Just want something that's fast already, with nice interior, and feels trustful. I dunno how my cobalt will act in snow with so much tq after I finished. ...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Why don't you get a little SUV AWD instead. Safer for the little guy, easier access for girlfriend to install baby in car seat. Higher of ground for snow clearance. I'm thinking maybe a Buick "Encore" 1.8l turbo AWD would suit you way better than an EVO. EVO is not really a familly car. Remember you might have an other one on the way soon.
Evos have 4 doors though. Sort of a family car.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd honestly perfer a Trailblazer SS for a SUV, family car.

**** the Evo business.

LS2 + AWD + room out the ass is for the win.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Your tranny never took a dump bankerbalt? The cobalt interior is bothering me now lol, after tranny build hoes redecorating interior. $$$$$ I'm 6"5, I sit ok comfortable inside. So can't complain, I like my balt. Just want something that's fast already, with nice interior, and feels trustful. I dunno how my cobalt will act in snow with so much tq after I finished. ...
Nope still on original tranny. Synchros mesh perfectly and gears will go up to 8k no problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Having a child is a life changing event no doubt, that being said I think it's time to stop messing around with fast cars and think more about practicality and safety. An Evo/STi might have four doors but you'd be asking for trouble. If an AWD car is really what you're after consider an Impreza 2.5i, or better yet a Suzuki SX4, one of the most underrated cars out there imo. I test drove one once in the dead of winter and it was a champ. 2 Liter, 150hp, selectable 4WD (to a point) 6 speed, efficient, cheap, just to name a few good traits. Okay, it won't turn heads and it won't do the ¼ mile in 10 seconds, but a fine little automobile it is. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm 6'4 and my head hits the roof..
I also put my seat as far back as i can and it is still uncomfortable..

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

sti sti sti!!

I just bought a 04 wrx 2 weeks ago, and I love it.
buy one.
;)
they're not that bad either..
look at 04-07 wrx hatch's, only about 15K

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your head hits the roof? shit bro, my heads about 3-4 inches from roof. i have 4door, and my seat is down! yeah we went today in italy, (im American) and saw the new outback 2.0turbo diesel...it was niceee, but 37000 euro! hell no, ill get in the states cheaper you know? well i think i made my mind up to get the sti hatchback instead of sedan. we got into the sti sedan, seem smaller than the evo, but the guy didnt have the hatch availbale. So, i think we will go for the sti hatchback, even though, i want the evo! i hate being tall, it seems i can never fit into a nice car! actually the brz was nice and spacious, but its 2dr. selfish of me, :suspicious:

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Besides, with a stage 2 cobb tune, i can easily make 350 whp, i think....i really wanna keep the cobalt, build it fully, and smoke my buddy 745li bmw. Hes always talking smack down on my cobalt, until i started building now hes like hmmmmmmmm. Its a slper you know? Ontop of that, i have a fully built 351w engine, that i was suppose to drop into a foxbody, and turbo it. Never got to it, cant find a nice fox body mustang anywhere cheap. So im sell the 351w engine.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a sedan too, I love being tall, but it limits up to a lot of cars lol.
I rode in a taxi Chrysler 300, no way I'd ever be Able to buy one lol

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

The STI hatchbacks are amazing.
Family sedan but still have A LOT of power.
Just put a ski rack on top with lots of stickers = more HP

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I think you know my answer to this question! lol

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
you guys are terrible. A nissan leaf lol.

Id say if you go evo, get a pre x, the 4g63 motor is much better than the 4b11. I have an evo and my son (7mo old now) is as safe as can be in tgere, yoyand my friends and I still have plenty of room.

However, if your debate is between an evo x and an sti, I say neither.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.