Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would check to see if anyone else had this problem. I was driving the other day and noticed my TC light was on and my car was shifting abnormally hard. This continued until I was able to get out of traffic and shut the car off and restart. I just that this was an add problem, I have never encountered this before. The car only has 47000 on it, and I don't drive abnormally hard, so my tranny shouldn't be dead yet. But if anyone else has shared this experience let me know!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I read about this in other threads on another website. Have you checked for DTCs? It can be a brake problem, brake sensor problem, or an electrical gremlin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem with my 05 ls, anytime i got above 4k rpm the tc and abs lights would come on and it would shift really hard. it was actually a lean condition, check your maf, and make sure you dont have a vac leak anywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
same problem

I had the exact same problem. It was also a lean problem for me, my car kept throwing a lean code and maf code. The t/c light would come on and i would have to turn the car off to reset it. I replaced my maf and lean code and malfunction t/c light hasnt come on since. Hope this helps cause it drove me nuts untill i fixed it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
t/c light of death

My light comes on and the trans does the hard shift too. How the hell do i get this fixed when the light turns on and off as it pleases. My service advisors being a punkass and wont have any work done on it. I should have kept my GTO....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this problem once after i drove through a foot of water. but nothing sense.

side note : if there ducks swimming across the road don't drive over it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.