Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone by any chance ever attempted to swap a manual transmission into a previous automatic, what components would i need, or would I be better off looking into buying a engine/transmission combination, and buying a new car is out of the question so i have to work with what i got, and feedback is appreciated, thanks

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
hes right buy yourself a new car. the best choice to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I would love to that is simply not an option, I'm a broke WyoTech student that cant stand having an automatic anymore, I'll make it work if I have to...just figured I'd check around and see if anyone else has successfully completed this before i try it.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
As much as I would love to that is simply not an option, I'm a broke WyoTech student that cant stand having an automatic anymore, I'll make it work if I have to...just figured I'd check around and see if anyone else has successfully completed this before i try it.
Ah man, its all good. I miss my 5 speed too, but look at my car, its automatic.
And I still love my car!

Just because youve got an automatic doesnt mean you cant mod it.
Thats what ive learned from being here. :) lol

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I agree with the other people, just buy a manual transmission car. There is more that the transmission to deal with, new computer, clutch mounting, exhaust routing etc. Easier jsut to buy a factory car the way you want.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You'll have to deal with what you've got in your auto. You will wind up spending WAY too much to swap everything and then you have to worry about the computer even allowing it to work correctly. I don't care if you can find everything dirt cheap, the time and money it would take are enough to warrant buying a car with a manual.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i was told it would cost twice as much to convert over but im thinkin if you found a wrecked manuel cobalt same year it would be cheaper to swap just need a new tune for the conversion after. im sure the frame is all the same so that wouldnt be hard wit the bolt ons. i would try but thats just me i havent seen any wrecked cobalts in my area to even get that idea in motion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.