Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey it's the first time I got into it with anyboby here except for a while back when everyone decided I'm insane when it comes to politics or social economics... lol

Ok, with my ass-hat off, every forum has a search button, at least that I've seen. There really is at least one post every week about the same stuff he asked, the answers were out there. While we do like to help when we can, you've got to be able to help yourself too. Every person in this thread has posted in several other threads what their opinion is on this subject. A new guy coming in and asking the question doesn't bother me, a guy that's been a member for two years and wants to complain and talk mess when the first response to his question is to use the search bar he should know by heart now angers me in a way that makes my testes tingle. (run-on sentence... j/k)
Yeah, other people get it too!

this could be the thread that never ends though. Let's keep it going, it's kind of funny seeing people complaining about complaining.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yeah, other people get it too!

this could be the thread that never ends though. Let's keep it going, it's kind of funny seeing people complaining about complaining.
Lambchop Says,
"This is the thread that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friends......"

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Alright lets stop whoring this thread and get back on topic

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
not really a topic to get back to.

Since it's "butcher unsuspecting user's threads week", can i get an opinion from all as to whether or not it's worthwhile to change the mounts, i may do it when i drop my ride. Just wanting opinions, the car has to be comfortable for long trips, so no excessive vibrations. Firmer shifts would be nice and all, but not if my teeth chatter too much. Also, What brands do you suggest to get and from where?

·
Registered
673 Posts

Since it's "butcher unsuspecting user's threads week", can i get an opinion from all as to whether or not it's worthwhile to change the mounts, i may do it when i drop my ride. Just wanting opinions, the car has to be comfortable for long trips, so no excessive vibrations. Firmer shifts would be nice and all, but not if my teeth chatter too much. Also, What brands do you suggest to get and from where?
From personal experience the vibes with the prothane trans mounts are not bad at all. In fact I feel like they are a little over exaggerated by people on the forums. Yes they are there and the first time you turn on the AC they are pretty bad but they really do settle down after a couple hundred miles to the point where they are nearly unnoticeable. Any adverse effects are WELL worth it though because it does make the car easier to launch and tightens the shifts.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

Since it's "butcher unsuspecting user's threads week",
That's what this forum seems to be about. (esp some users more than others) BTW That gave me a good laugh, and you're right, the topic is riding off into the sunset... gone for good. Just for IMA, I've never read anything (well, while being serious) from him that wasn't informative.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's what this forum seems to be about. (esp some users more than others) BTW That gave me a good laugh, and you're right, the topic is riding off into the sunset... gone for good. Just for IMA, I've never read anything (well, while being serious) from him that wasn't informative.
yeah, glad you agree

From personal experience the vibes with the prothane trans mounts are not bad at all. In fact I feel like they are a little over exaggerated by people on the forums. Yes they are there and the first time you turn on the AC they are pretty bad but they really do settle down after a couple hundred miles to the point where they are nearly unnoticeable. Any adverse effects are WELL worth it though because it does make the car easier to launch and tightens the shifts.
thnx IMA

·
Registered
869 Posts
On one of the other many threads on this topic, it mentioned some other type of mounts, Bwoody? Anything on those? I should also just get engine mounts as opposed to a stiffy torque damper right?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.