Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I got my transmission flushed and on the receipt it said trans cooler lines leaking, so I know it's two lines Goin to the radiator. What's the part number if i can get them from rockauto and how do u fix it?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You have to replace the complete line which ever one is leaking. Can't help you with the number you didn't list the year of your car.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

But should be this one.

Acdelco OE Service 15817233 Auto Trans OIL Cooler Hose | eBay

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Probably cheaper at Rockauto.com

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

$39.79

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i cant say that i ever saw a car without a tranny cooler, granted they are usually built into the radiator... the high performance and the heavy duty vehicles usually have an external cooler as well

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Most if not all automatics have a cooler but most are built into the radiator. If you're lucky enough you'll get a vehicle with an aftermarket transmission cooler installed or one right from factory.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this is why I'm asking...not saying that I know if it was in the radiator, but then again I did ask people from cobalt ss gang and they help me with where it was at and they said it was two hoses on the radiator lower and upper lines to the radiator...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
well i can't speak for the cobalt specifically but its typically threaded in at the radiator and the transmission, just unscrew the old lines from the radiator and transmission and route the new lines in and tighten them in.. its not entirely easy to explain but its pretty self explanatory once you start looking around at it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Be careful unscrewing the lines from the radiator. Radiators have a habit of splitting where the fitting threads in.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
ok, just checked out the link that coby posted and it looks like its a quick-connect fitting instead of a threaded fitting, either way it should be fairly simple.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know the guy on ss gang did tell me there was a clamp that could of got alil loose to make it leak. It's not leaking bad to where there's a puddle under the car not ever a drop just side of the radiator it wet from it

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
If there is clamps make sure they're tight, clamps back off over time and rubber hoses deteriorate

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
sounds like its where it connects to the radiator then... Thats one thing i really like about the place i take my vehicles, if they find something they will have me go back and actually show me whats going on..... Then again I actually know most of them. Don't have to worry about reading some note on a receipt to find out there's something wrong. Not to mention, the tire and alignment place i go to will actually pick up my car while im at work and drop it back off for me.... When i got new tires put on my G5 and got it alligned, the owner came to my work and picked it up for me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.