Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its been a while. :smiley-confused013:
The ss has been great.
Im looking into changing the trans fluid. Car has lsd option too.

Ive seen so many thread about fluid changes and I dont know where to look. So many opinions and arguements.
Does anyone know:
-What kind of fluid/how much for ss with lsd?

And there are two drain plugs right? an upper and a lower?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Are all SS's manual transmission? One is a drain (the lower one) the other is the top-up.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
all the FI ones are manual

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

i think only auto SS would be the 4DR NA

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are all SS's manual transmission? One is a drain (the lower one) the other is the top-up.
No they aren't. You could special order an auto for about $2500.00 bucks, like some fool did on mine. Easy - I'm the second owner. Oh, by the way, the 2.4 autos take SEVEN quarts of fluid. Standards only take three. Crazy Chit huh??

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Almost positive manuals take a manual trans fluid and auto take dex 6. I've heard ppl having problems with synthetic atf in the manual trans

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Id be suprised if it wasnt dex XI. And quantity(type) is in the little book in the glove box.; )
Im not 100% sure about the SS, but my pos has two plugs by the driver side frame rail. I had to cut an allen wrench about in half on the short side to drain mine. Filled until it came out the top plug..
. Done.

·
Registered
575 Posts
all the FI ones are manual

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

i think only auto SS would be the 4DR NA
yes all of the FI cobalts were manual trans.. the 2.4 ss either coupe or sedan could be had either way just with a different manual then the FI ss

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.