Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later in the upcoming year I plan to have the transmission serviced at my dealer, figured it be on the safe side. Besides the obvious "Flushing" technique most shops use could they do a simple drain, filter gasket and refill at my request?

Would like a drain/refill when it's at 50k, FL heat and traffic you know?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You might want to change the magnets in the pan also, GM has a bulletin on this P/N 29535617. But, yes your local mechanic is more than qualified.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
A flush isn't bad as long as it's done on a regular basis, starting early in the life of the car...say 30-40k.

It gets bad the longer you wait...say 75K+, because that trans fluid becomes thick enough to hold hard parts together that might have failed. Flushing out the glue just makes it a ticking time bomb, if you will.

Pan drop, filter change, and add all 45.2 magnets in the pan.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Drain and fill 3 times and you'll replace around 95% of your fluid

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flushing 30-40k sounds reasonable, even at 43k? Just thinking of the scenario if all they can do is flush.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to my dealer and it they wanted to Backflush my transmission and said that it doesn't have a filter LOL I left. This is at a GMC/Buick dealership. Why on Earth would they wanna backflush a Buick?! I feel sorry for those that have their fancy Regal Turbo "backflushed".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.