Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting the engine mount from turbo tech raceing. but looking at these tras mountsTurbo Tech Racing Transmission Race Mounts (Set of 2) Chevrolet Cobalt 2005-09 2.2/2.4L - Drivetrain - Turbo Tech Racing, LLC

what is the difference between these and the billet tras mounts on the other sites that are more expensive? in the picture these are only the round things and the others have a large aluminum housing around them. Could anyone explain this all, and what would be the best to get for my car?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The mounts in the link are actually just transmission bushings. You will still be using your stock mounts but changing out the bushings. The other mounts like from OTTP are rotated mounts that actually align your tranny with your tires to prevent wheel hop. THe fotated mounts will only work on the SS/SC and maybe the TC (not sure) But these bushings will be great for you.

These along with a motor mount will COPLETELY eliminate wheel hop!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking I might possibly go with the full billit transmison mounts from zzperfromance cause then i will not need to change them again in the future.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I was thinking I might possibly go with the full billit transmison mounts from zzperfromance cause then i will not need to change them again in the future.
Thats a waste of money IMO The poly inserts will last the life of your car.. The mounts themselves are plastic yes, but I have never heard of them breaking..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
lol i meant to just get the "mounts" from you guys. they are inserts compared to what he wants

he wants to pay $150 because they come with a billet housing

https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/products.php?id=146

i know they are a great value. i got mine before TTR made them and i paid more then what you guys charge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.