Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
i think you're just buggin' lol. but no that shouldnt affect your performance in a negative way at all.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
They are not going to make a difference in performance. They just help cool it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Would this benefit the life of the tranny or what is the reason for getting one? I mean for someone with a 2.2 that only wants basic bolt-ons and a tune, would this help in any way? I am an aggressive driver, but I never push the car THAT hard that I can see tranny temps getting too high.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
is a intercooler the same thing pretty much? lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
helps cool your tranny better and will actually prolong the life of it as well. its a good addition no matter what mods you have (a lot or a few)
x2

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea I dont know much about tranny coolers. I would like to know more. Anyone know where to get them? How much? how to install??

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
well don't you just tap into the proper lines? and one goes in then the other out?
Yes ! You just cut into the lower hose coming out of the trans and run it to the add-on cooler. Then out of the add-on cooler over to the other end you cut that goes to the lower radiator trans cooler.
Very easy, just kinda tight down there.
Also, unless you just leave your tranny in drive,
I suggest you add one for added transmission life.
Heat Kills Auto Transmissions !

·
Registered
222 Posts
What size do you buy? Or is it just preference depending on how cold you want your trans?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.