Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this would work with the 2006 LS 2.2....I'm thinkin' it won't but wanted a few opinions. If not then, is there anybody that sells an trans upgrade kit for the 4T45E? I've done quite a bit of searching and came up with nothing so far....

The reason I'm asking all this is because I have the 4T45E and plan on going turbo and don't want any problems with the transmission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From Wikipedia:
The "MN5" 4T45E is able to handle vehicles up to 4500 lb (2041 kg) GVWR. Final drive ratios include 3.63, 3.29, 3.05, and 3.91. This same transmission is used in the Saturn VUE Green Line hybrid vehicle with the addition of an auxiliary oil pump and hybrid-aware electronics. It is designed for 3.0–3.4 L engines producing up to 205 ft·lbf (278 N·m) of torque.
You don't have to worry about the 4t45e tranny. It's pretty strong. That link you've got looks interesting, but it would be a pain (and/or lots of $) to install.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I would think the only problems any1 will have are the axles and the clutch. The transmission should be fine.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would think the only problems any1 will have are the axles and the clutch. The transmission should be fine.
if it hasnt already been rebuilt :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think hes not so much talking about the trans holding the power, But the bigness of our trans in the engine bay. Maybe that one is smaller didnt really read all of it. I just know im in the same boat and im looking for custom tubing.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think hes not so much talking about the trans holding the power, But the bigness of our trans in the engine bay. Maybe that one is smaller didnt really read all of it. I just know im in the same boat and im looking for custom tubing.
I'm not to worried about the size, although it would help if it was smaller, but I can work around it.

Thanks guys for the input. Makes me feel a little better about this.

So I take it that there's no performance rebuild kits yet....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.