Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was getting my tie rod ends put in today i noticed that there was wetness on the frame.. (i think thats what its called or chassy)... followed it up to the cooler lines. was told to buy new hose and clamps... but what size and how do I put them in where do i cut and all that. heres a picture.

or could it be leaking from some where else close to the lines???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just buy the lines from GM take the clips out with small flat head or small pick and put clips in before you attach lines push lines in top up Trans

Sent from my SGH-T679M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I didn't realize you had that style line. Just buy the line from gm, will come with both pieces, then just spray it with an undercoating and you should be good

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You'll loose a little, but you shouldn't need to drain it. You'll need a cooler line disconnect tool. FYI a shop will charge you about $180 for the job, including parts.

Removal
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Position a drain pan under the transaxle cooler pipes.
3. Remove the transaxle oil cooler pipes retaining nut from the transaxle.
4. Remove the transaxle oil cooler pipes from the transaxle.
5. Using J 41623-B remove the transaxle oil cooler pipes from the fittings at the radiator.
6. Remove the transaxle oil cooler pipe from the retaining clip at the radiator.
7. Remove the transaxle oil cooler pipes from the vehicle.

Installation
1. Install the transaxle oil cooler pipes to the vehicle.
2. Install the transaxle oil cooler pipes to the fittings at the radiator.
3. Install the transaxle oil cooler pipes to the retaining clip at the radiator.
4. Install the transaxle oil cooler pipes to the transaxle.
5. Install the transaxle oil cooler pipe retaining nut. Tighten the nut to 7 Nm (62 lb in)
6. Remove the drain pain.
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Adjust the transmission fluid level. Note: Do not overfill the transaxle!
9. Inspect for leaks.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I forgot to mention, I'm almost positive it's a 3/8" disconnect tool. Any auto store should have them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.