Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transmission mounts

7K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  camopaint0707 
#1 ·
So I've been thinking of getting some transmission mounts for my car. On cobalt addiction they sell ZZP mounts but offer the front and rear for the transmission. If I could only get one set at a time which should I get first the front or rear?

#11 ·
I have the turbo tech racing ones and they are nice. don't know about the cobalt addiction ones though...

#12 ·
how do they feel as far as shifting hard ?

#13 ·
They don't make it any harder to shift if that's what you mean?

#14 ·
no, like when you bang second gear or powershift

#16 ·
Nevermind

#18 ·
well with my short throw it shifts pretty nice.

#22 ·
As long as you're doing tranny mounts, it's not a bad idea to get TTR's top engine mount as well. The TTR tranny mounts are $60 for a pair...the engine mount is $190. Some people recommend doing the motor and tranny mounts at the same time, but it's not necessary, I say if you do one, do both though (whether it's a few months apart or whatever).

This will be an upgrade for me in the next year.

#23 ·
I got both after my tune and its a completely different car. Vibs aren't that bad with both installed. It will give you a big smile across your face when you smash the pedal :)

The engine mount will make your car sound loud and mean too. It sounds like a Hemi under the hood!

#25 ·
I have never been used TTR tranny mounts, got them for my 2.2 balt when I had that, never got a chance to put them in. Gotta get rid of them, paid 70 when I got them along time ago, can get out of my garage for $30 haha. I believe they are for the 2.2 only, but I have no idea, they are for a 5-spd only though

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.