Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!!! I did some searching on here and didnt get any definent answers. My 08 cobalt LS 2.2 automatic is @ 114k...I bought the car a couple years ago with 53k on it. The Transmission has never been serviced...All the miles on it are stickly highway as i drive 140 miles a day. I checked the manual online and it says 100k service only if heavy traffic..high elevations..etc.

My question is what service should I do? Flush...filter?? Is this easy to do?? Or should the dealer do it? I stopped by the Chevy dealer the other day and I think they wanted like $300 to do it..

Thanks for all the help!!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Changing the fluids at this time is not a bad idea. I would check with a local and renouned transmission place. Even your favorite mechanic can do this for you probably at a much lesser cost.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So just a simple tranny fluid change? No filter or major? Ive had no problems with this car...just looking at preventive maint stuff as I drive it a ton...keep the oil changed reguarly...almost monthly due to the amount of miles...but I checked the fluid and levels were all ok

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Filter as well. If you don't change that then there's no reason to change fluid. You take dexron 6 btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.