Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Hello and thank you in advance for any help I can get:

I have a 2010 Cobalt LS 2.2 auto transmission with 167,000 miles

I never have a single problem with this car,Have this car brand new 4 years ago .all maintenance done but last 6 months this start to happen.
Driven in traffic the gears 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 rough you can feel it the change of the gear hard. I will stop the car turn off the engine wait 5 minutes .Turn on the engine drive and back to normal,until 2 or 3 months later.Today happen again. I don't know what it is ,transmission or electric ,please help .
I used the car all day drive 150 miles a day most in traffic "Los Angeles " traffic.
If you gave any idea,I will be thankful.
Thank you FRANK :sad2:

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Hey Frank, thanks for joining! Lets get ya the help you need. First off with 167k miles, have you ever had a trans flush or service? If not, I'd recommend getting the trans serviced and flushed as the fluid in it is probably well past it's life expectancy! :) I would start there and see where it takes you. I doubt it is anything electrical.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Try pulling and spray cleaning the TCM connectors. Disconnect the battery first.

Did you get any other symptoms, codes or DIC warnings? You could also check the ECM/TCM fuse for pitting or corrosion.

Don't do this at the same time because if problem goes away you won't know which was the solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.