Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently one day on the way home from work I got stuck in some heavy traffic due to a massive car accident and ever since then it seems that my car has been acting up. My car has been shifting very funny recently its an automatic its been shifting at really high rpms and the shifting is very bad, very jerky and not smooth at all. I have had problems with my speed sensor in the past so i took it off and cleaned it but this did nothing. Anybody have any ideas? Need to get tranny fluid flushed?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Check TCM fuse in underhood fuse block.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a problem with my cobalt that sounds similar to yours. I have a 2005 base model sedan and the weather has been 40°c the last week and the other morning while driving to work my rpm gauge jumped to between 3 and 4 while i was going about 65mph and the check engine light came on. I know nothing about fixing cars so if anyone could tell me what might be the problem and how to fix it id very much appreciate it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Transmission problem?

Hey guys, i'm having a little problem with my car. i'm not sure if my clutch might be going or my transmission might be going but it usually happens when I shift into 5th gear. it goes into gear but then it puts it back to neutral this started happening 3 days ago when I got a letter in the mail about my warranty already expired. :/

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like a transmission problem. Toyotas had that problem as a common issue, never heard the GM transmission had this problem.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
JonathanRuiz10,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. We can certainly look into this with you. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, mileage, and dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.