Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 2006 cobalt. She hit a rock and cracked the transmission housing and pealed the pan back. Is ther any special tools needed to remove the trans? Do i need to pull the motor? Or is it easier to remove the trans and motor.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If you don't know how.. Don't attempt it.. The tranny drops out from the bottom, motor stays in. but its a process..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its getting done regardless, and i'm doing it. Worked on plenty of cars and trucks. Just needed to know if the motor should come out with it or not. Trying to get some pointers on how to do it without running into problems. Really can't afford a mechanic right now. Being laid off does not really help. The joy of being a supplier for the big 3. Thanks for the warning. I take it that this is going to take some time. So no special tools i take it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
if its just the transmission pan you just replace that part. theres other forum sites that have how to's but im not gonna disrespect this site by saying what sites they are you would have to look them up.
from what i remember transmission pan i think you just pry it off carefully and have to replace the gasket but just replace the pan and thats it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.