Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at my wit's end so I'm hoping for some help here.

05 Cobalt with 130,000 miles on it. Replacement throttle body and system reflash in October of 2016 for the stalling issue so many Cobalts have.

Recent replacement of cracked coolant tank and thermostat four weeks ago.

Rough idle led me to replace the transmission two weeks ago. Defective rings had to be replaced after oil began leaking two days after transmission replacement. No more oil leaks.

Two days ago it began surging when shifting gear and a check engine light came on.

Took it to a dealership thinking they could diagnose a sensor/computer issue as the transmission has been looked at and replaced so recently. They're telling me it's kicking back error codes for throttle body and transmission. Picking it up to return to my mechanic as both repairs are under warranty.

I am losing my mind and commute to work so no carpool or days off are an option. I see a lot of results for sensor and connector issues, has anyone seen this lead to misdiagnosed error codes, etc?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Can you list the codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: Adjusting the wire harness on the transmission cleared both codes. Waiting to see if the check engine light pops back on but so far so good. The throttle body code was P2119.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.